Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Beacon AGEIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGEIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGEIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGEIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGEIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGEIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGEIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGEIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGEIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGEIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGEIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGEIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Instl Class Shares (AGEIX).
- What are AGEIX holdings?
- What is AGEIX performance? What are AGEIX historical returns?
- What is AGEIX dividend yield?
- What is AGEIX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AGEIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGEIX Finny Score? AGEIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGEIX? What are AGEIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGEIX? What are AGEIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Instl Class Shares (AGEIX).
The Fund seeks income and secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its asset in investments that are economically tied to frontier market countries and may include securities, currencies, and derivative instruments. It may also make investments to a more developed emerging market countries.
2. What are AGEIX top holdings?
AGEIX has 0 stock holdings and 145 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.66% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||6.04%|
|Uruguay (Republic of) 3.88%||N/A||3.15%|
|European Bank For Reconstruction & Development 10%||N/A||2.68%|
|Ivory Coast Republic 5.75%||N/A||2.56%|
|Kenya (Republic of) 12.5%||N/A||2.44%|
|Mongolia (Government of) 8.75%||N/A||2.20%|
|Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1%||N/A||2.19%|
|Egypt (Arab Republic of) 0.01%||N/A||1.94%|
|Republic of Costa Rica 9.66%||N/A||1.75%|
|Argentina (Republic of) 5%||N/A||1.71%|
3. What is AGEIX performance? What are AGEIX historical returns?
AGEIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.09%;
- 3-month return is 2.87%;
- 1-year return is 2.87%;
- 3-year return is 8.04%;
- 5-year return is 6.75%.
4. What is AGEIX dividend yield?
AGEIX yield is 7.25%.
5. What is AGEIX minimum initial investment amount?
AGEIX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
6. Does AGEIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGEIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AGEIX front-end sales load is 0. AGEIX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
8. What are the pros of investing in AGEIX? What are AGEIX buy reasons?
The following are AGEIX strengths from our perspective:
- AGEIX 3-year return is 8.04%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 5.88%.
- AGEIX 5-year return is 6.75%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 3.84%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in AGEIX? What are AGEIX negatives?
The following are AGEIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGEIX net assets are $50.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGEIX expense ratio is 1.09%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?