Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon AGEPX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGEPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGEPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGEPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGEPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGEPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGEPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGEPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGEPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGEPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGEPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGEPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (AGEPX).
- What are AGEPX holdings?
- What is AGEPX performance? What are AGEPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGEPX have historically?
- What is AGEPX dividend yield?
- What is AGEPX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AGEPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGEPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGEPX beta? How would you assess AGEPX risk?
- What is AGEPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGEPX Finny Score? AGEPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGEPX? What are AGEPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGEPX? What are AGEPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (AGEPX).
The Fund seeks income and secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its asset in investments that are economically tied to frontier market countries and may include securities, currencies, and derivative instruments. It may also make investments to a more developed emerging market countries.
2. What are AGEPX top holdings?
AGEPX has 0 stock holdings and 144 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.66% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||6.04%|
|Uruguay (Republic of) 3.88%||N/A||3.15%|
|European Bank For Reconstruction & Development 10%||N/A||2.68%|
|Ivory Coast Republic 5.75%||N/A||2.56%|
|Kenya (Republic of) 12.5%||N/A||2.44%|
|Mongolia (Government of) 8.75%||N/A||2.20%|
|Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1%||N/A||2.19%|
|Egypt (Arab Republic of) 0.01%||N/A||1.94%|
|Republic of Costa Rica 9.66%||N/A||1.75%|
|Argentina (Republic of) 5%||N/A||1.71%|
3. What is AGEPX performance? What are AGEPX historical returns?
AGEPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.09%;
- 3-month return is 4.41%;
- 1-year return is 4.41%;
- 3-year return is 5.99%;
- 5-year return is 7.10%.
4. How many up and down years did AGEPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGEPX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGEPX dividend yield?
AGEPX yield is 7%.
6. What is AGEPX minimum initial investment amount?
AGEPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. Does AGEPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGEPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AGEPX front-end sales load is 0. AGEPX back-end sales load is 0.
8. What is AGEPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.89%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.21%.
9. What is AGEPX beta? How would you assess AGEPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.46;
- 5-year beta is 0.44.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
12. What are the pros of investing in AGEPX? What are AGEPX buy reasons?
The following are AGEPX strengths from our perspective:
- AGEPX 5-year return is 7.1%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 4.74%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
13. What are the cons of investing in AGEPX? What are AGEPX negatives?
The following are AGEPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGEPX net assets are $51.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGEPX 3-year return is 5.99%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 6.72%.
- AGEPX expense ratio is 1.42%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?