7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon AGEYX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGEYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGEYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGEYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGEYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGEYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGEYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGEYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGEYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGEYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGEYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGEYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Class Y Shares (AGEYX).
- What are AGEYX holdings?
- What is AGEYX performance? What are AGEYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGEYX have historically?
- What is AGEYX dividend yield?
- What is AGEYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGEYX expense ratio?
- Does AGEYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGEYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGEYX beta? How would you assess AGEYX risk?
- What is AGEYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGEYX Finny Score? AGEYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGEYX? What are AGEYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGEYX? What are AGEYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Global Evolution Frontier Markets Income Fund; Class Y Shares (AGEYX).
The Fund seeks income and secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its asset in investments that are economically tied to frontier market countries and may include securities, currencies, and derivative instruments. It may also make investments to a more developed emerging market countries.
2. What are AGEYX top holdings?
AGEYX has 0 stock holdings and 129 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 25.00% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Ivory Coast Republic 5.75%||N/A||3.14%|
|Uruguay (Republic of) 3.88%||N/A||2.97%|
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||2.93%|
|European Bank For Reconstruction & Development 10%||N/A||2.89%|
|Kenya (Republic of) 12.5%||N/A||2.66%|
|Mongolia (Government of) 8.75%||N/A||2.25%|
|Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1%||N/A||2.24%|
|Angola (Republic of) 9.5%||N/A||2.05%|
|Egypt (Arab Republic of) 0.01%||N/A||1.95%|
|Republic of Costa Rica 9.66%||N/A||1.92%|
3. What is AGEYX performance? What are AGEYX historical returns?
AGEYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.28%;
- 3-month return is -0.45%;
- 1-year return is 0.13%;
- 3-year return is 2.70%;
- 5-year return is 5.84%.
4. How many up and down years did AGEYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGEYX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGEYX dividend yield?
AGEYX yield is 8.39%.
6. What is AGEYX minimum initial investment amount?
AGEYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is AGEYX expense ratio?
AGEYX expense ratio is 1.23%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGEYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGEYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AGEYX front-end sales load is 0. AGEYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGEYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 3.26%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.42%.
10. What is AGEYX beta? How would you assess AGEYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.39;
- 5-year beta is 0.38.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGEYX? What are AGEYX buy reasons?
The following are AGEYX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AGEYX 5-year return</strong> is 5.84%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 5.59%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGEYX? What are AGEYX negatives?
The following are AGEYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AGEYX net assets</strong> are $267.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AGEYX 3-year return</strong> is 2.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 3.71%.
- <strong>AGEYX expense ratio</strong> is 1.23%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?