7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger AGFCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGFCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGFCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGFCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGFCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGFCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGFCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGFCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGFCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGFCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGFCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGFCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Responsible Investing Fund; Class C Shares (AGFCX).
- What are AGFCX holdings?
- What is AGFCX performance? What are AGFCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGFCX have historically?
- What is AGFCX dividend yield?
- What is AGFCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGFCX expense ratio?
- Does AGFCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGFCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGFCX beta? How would you assess AGFCX risk?
- What is AGFCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGFCX Finny Score? AGFCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGFCX? What are AGFCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGFCX? What are AGFCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Responsible Investing Fund; Class C Shares (AGFCX).
The Portfolio seeks long-term capital appreciation. Invests in equity securities of companies of any size that are deemed to conduct their business in a socially responsible manner while demonstrating promising growth potential.
2. What are AGFCX top holdings?
AGFCX has 62 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 47.92% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.61%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.80%|
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||2.67%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||2.66%|
|Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc||VRTX||2.47%|
3. What is AGFCX performance? What are AGFCX historical returns?
AGFCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -4.01%;
- 3-month return is 8.63%;
- 1-year return is 30.32%;
- 3-year return is 17.61%;
- 5-year return is 15.30%;
- 10-year return is 12.48%.
4. How many up and down years did AGFCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGFCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGFCX dividend yield?
AGFCX yield is 0%.
6. What is AGFCX minimum initial investment amount?
AGFCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AGFCX expense ratio?
AGFCX expense ratio is 2.14%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGFCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGFCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AGFCX front-end sales load is 0. AGFCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AGFCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.91%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.34%.
10. What is AGFCX beta? How would you assess AGFCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.99;
- 5-year beta is 0.99;
- 10-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGFCX? What are AGFCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AGFCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGFCX? What are AGFCX negatives?
The following are AGFCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AGFCX net assets</strong> are $5.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AGFCX 3-year return</strong> is 17.61%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 20.37%.
- <strong>AGFCX 5-year return</strong> is 15.3%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 18.45%.
- <strong>AGFCX 10-year return</strong> is 12.48%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 17.09%.
- <strong>AGFCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.14%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.