Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Ariel Investments AGLOX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGLOX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGLOX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGLOX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGLOX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGLOX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGLOX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGLOX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGLOX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGLOX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGLOX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGLOX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Global Fund;Investor Class Shares (AGLOX).
- What are AGLOX holdings?
- What is AGLOX performance? What are AGLOX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGLOX have historically?
- What is AGLOX dividend yield?
- What is AGLOX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGLOX expense ratio?
- Does AGLOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGLOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGLOX beta? How would you assess AGLOX risk?
- What is AGLOX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGLOX Finny Score? AGLOX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGLOX? What are AGLOX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGLOX? What are AGLOX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Global Fund;Investor Class Shares (AGLOX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in companies both within and outside the US of any market capitalization. The Fund identifies an investment opportunity that offers superior risk-adjusted returns that focuses on both the fundamentals of the business and the intrinsic value of the business.
2. What are AGLOX top holdings?
AGLOX has 84 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 59.01% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||7.58%|
|Northern Institutional Treasury Premier||NTPXX||6.34%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||5.97%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||5.32%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||4.99%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||4.96%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||4.43%|
|Nintendo Co Ltd||7974||4.32%|
3. What is AGLOX performance? What are AGLOX historical returns?
AGLOX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.55%;
- 3-month return is 6.26%;
- 1-year return is 6.26%;
- 3-year return is 8.92%;
- 5-year return is 9.03%.
4. How many up and down years did AGLOX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGLOX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AGLOX dividend yield?
AGLOX yield is 0.78%.
6. What is AGLOX minimum initial investment amount?
AGLOX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AGLOX expense ratio?
AGLOX expense ratio is 1.13%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGLOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGLOX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AGLOX front-end sales load is 0. AGLOX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGLOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.35%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.98%.
10. What is AGLOX beta? How would you assess AGLOX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.74;
- 5-year beta is 0.72.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGLOX? What are AGLOX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AGLOX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGLOX? What are AGLOX negatives?
The following are AGLOX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGLOX net assets are $13.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGLOX 3-year return is 8.92%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 14.98%.
- AGLOX 5-year return is 9.03%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 14.66%.
- AGLOX expense ratio is 1.13%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.