7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Ariel Investments AGLYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGLYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGLYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGLYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGLYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGLYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGLYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGLYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGLYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGLYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGLYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGLYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Global Fund;Institutional Class Shares (AGLYX).
- What are AGLYX holdings?
- What is AGLYX performance? What are AGLYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGLYX have historically?
- What is AGLYX dividend yield?
- What is AGLYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGLYX expense ratio?
- Does AGLYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGLYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGLYX beta? How would you assess AGLYX risk?
- What is AGLYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGLYX Finny Score? AGLYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGLYX? What are AGLYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGLYX? What are AGLYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Global Fund;Institutional Class Shares (AGLYX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in companies both within and outside the US of any market capitalization. The Fund identifies an investment opportunity that offers superior risk-adjusted returns that focuses on both the fundamentals of the business and the intrinsic value of the business.
2. What are AGLYX top holdings?
AGLYX has 59 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 55.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||7.92%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||5.77%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||5.37%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||5.10%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||4.17%|
|Deutsche Boerse AG||DB1.DE||4.05%|
|Nintendo Co Ltd||7974||3.95%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.79%|
3. What is AGLYX performance? What are AGLYX historical returns?
AGLYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.33%;
- 3-month return is 2.57%;
- 1-year return is 8.55%;
- 3-year return is 3.89%;
- 5-year return is 6.98%.
4. How many up and down years did AGLYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGLYX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AGLYX dividend yield?
AGLYX yield is 2.2%.
6. What is AGLYX minimum initial investment amount?
AGLYX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is AGLYX expense ratio?
AGLYX expense ratio is 0.88%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGLYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGLYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AGLYX front-end sales load is 0. AGLYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGLYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.47%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.46%.
10. What is AGLYX beta? How would you assess AGLYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.73;
- 5-year beta is 0.73.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGLYX? What are AGLYX buy reasons?
The following are AGLYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGLYX? What are AGLYX negatives?
The following are AGLYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGLYX net assets are $93.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGLYX 3-year return is 3.89%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.25%.
- AGLYX 5-year return is 6.98%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.5%.
- AGLYX expense ratio is 0.88%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?