Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Allianz Funds AGMAX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGMAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGMAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGMAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGMAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGMAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGMAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGMAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGMAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGMAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGMAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGMAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Debt Fund; Class A Shares (AGMAX).
- What are AGMAX holdings?
- What is AGMAX performance? What are AGMAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGMAX have historically?
- What is AGMAX dividend yield?
- What is AGMAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGMAX expense ratio?
- Does AGMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGMAX beta? How would you assess AGMAX risk?
- What is AGMAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGMAX Finny Score? AGMAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGMAX? What are AGMAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGMAX? What are AGMAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Debt Fund; Class A Shares (AGMAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation and current income. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by normally investing at least 80% of its net assets (plus borrowings) in debt instruments issued by Emerging Market Sovereign, Emerging Market Quasi-Sovereign and Emerging Market Corporate issuers.
2. What are AGMAX top holdings?
AGMAX has 0 stock holdings and 53 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.55% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Philippines (Republic Of) 3.95%||N/A||3.62%|
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 4.5%||N/A||3.48%|
|Republic of Panama 3.16%||N/A||3.47%|
|10 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZNM0||3.31%|
|Republic of Kazakhstan 5.12%||N/A||3.29%|
|Uruguay (Republic of) 4.38%||N/A||3.23%|
|Republic of Colombia 3%||N/A||3.11%|
|Emirate of Abu Dhabi 3.12%||N/A||2.92%|
|Republic of Kazakhstan 4.88%||N/A||2.63%|
|Indonesia (Republic of) 2.85%||N/A||2.49%|
3. What is AGMAX performance? What are AGMAX historical returns?
AGMAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.89%;
- 3-month return is -8.55%;
- 1-year return is -1.33%;
- 3-year return is 0.21%;
- 5-year return is 2.41%.
4. How many up and down years did AGMAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGMAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGMAX dividend yield?
AGMAX yield is 4.4%.
6. What is AGMAX minimum initial investment amount?
AGMAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AGMAX expense ratio?
AGMAX expense ratio is 1.05%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGMAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AGMAX front-end sales load is 3.75. AGMAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.35%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.73%.
10. What is AGMAX beta? How would you assess AGMAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.92;
- 5-year beta is 0.95.
12. What is AGMAX Finny Score? AGMAX buy or sell?
AGMAX Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy AGMAX and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGMAX? What are AGMAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AGMAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGMAX? What are AGMAX negatives?
The following are AGMAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGMAX net assets are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGMAX 3-year return is 0.21%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 1.26%.
- AGMAX 5-year return is 2.41%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 3.29%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 3.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- AGMAX expense ratio is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?