Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Allianz Funds AGRAX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGRAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGRAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGRAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGRAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGRAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGRAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGRAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGRAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGRAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGRAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGRAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement Income Fund; Class A Shares (AGRAX).
- What are AGRAX holdings?
- What is AGRAX performance? What are AGRAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGRAX have historically?
- What is AGRAX dividend yield?
- What is AGRAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGRAX expense ratio?
- Does AGRAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGRAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGRAX beta? How would you assess AGRAX risk?
- What is AGRAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGRAX Finny Score? AGRAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement Income Fund; Class A Shares (AGRAX).
The Fund seeks current income and capital appreciation. The Fund is intended for investors who have already retired or begun withdrawing portions of their investments or are seeking a conservative allocation fund. The Fund invests in a globally diversified portfolio of equity and in global fixed income securities.
2. What are AGRAX top holdings?
AGRAX has 30 stock holdings and 4 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 68.58% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Ultra 10 Year US Treasury Note Future Mar 20||TNH0||13.61%|
|AllianzGI Short Duration High Income R6||ASHSX||13.34%|
|10 Year Treasury Note Future Mar 20||ZNH0||8.20%|
|AllianzGI Prefd Secs and Inc R6||ARISX||8.12%|
|AllianzGI Floating Rate Note Instl||ARIEX||5.25%|
|AllianzGI Emerging Markets SRI Debt Ins||AGMIX||5.03%|
|AllianzGI Global High Yield Instl||AGIHX||4.23%|
|Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Secs ETF||VMBS||4.07%|
|PIMCO Senior Floating Rate Instl||PSRIX||3.37%|
|Dj Us Real Estate Mar20 Xcbt 20200320||N/A||3.36%|
3. What is AGRAX performance? What are AGRAX historical returns?
AGRAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.99%;
- 3-month return is -16.18%;
- 1-year return is -8.38%;
- 3-year return is -0.94%;
- 5-year return is 1.28%;
- 10-year return is 3.23%.
4. How many up and down years did AGRAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGRAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGRAX dividend yield?
AGRAX yield is 5.59%.
6. What is AGRAX minimum initial investment amount?
AGRAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AGRAX expense ratio?
AGRAX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGRAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGRAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AGRAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AGRAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGRAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.35%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.29%.
10. What is AGRAX beta? How would you assess AGRAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.08;
- 5-year beta is 0.99;
- 10-year beta is 0.77.
12. What is AGRAX Finny Score? AGRAX buy or sell?
AGRAX Finny Score is 14. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy AGRAX and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 14.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX buy reasons?
The following are AGRAX strengths from our perspective:
- AGRAX 10-year Beta is 0.77, which is inversely correlated with the index (Morningstar Mod Tgt Risk TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX negatives?
The following are AGRAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGRAX net assets are $13.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGRAX 3-year return is -0.94%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 4.77%.
- AGRAX 5-year return is 1.28%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 3.8%.
- AGRAX 10-year return is 3.23%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 4.09%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- AGRAX expense ratio is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?