7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AGRAX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGRAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGRAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGRAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGRAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGRAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGRAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGRAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGRAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGRAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGRAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGRAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement Income Fund; Class A Shares (AGRAX).
- What are AGRAX holdings?
- What is AGRAX performance? What are AGRAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGRAX have historically?
- What is AGRAX dividend yield?
- What is AGRAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGRAX expense ratio?
- Does AGRAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGRAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGRAX beta? How would you assess AGRAX risk?
- What is AGRAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGRAX Finny Score? AGRAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement Income Fund; Class A Shares (AGRAX).
The Fund seeks current income and capital appreciation. The Fund is intended for investors who have already retired or begun withdrawing portions of their investments or are seeking a conservative allocation fund. The Fund invests in a globally diversified portfolio of equity and in global fixed income securities.
2. What are AGRAX top holdings?
AGRAX has 30 stock holdings and 4 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 75.70% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Short Duration High Income R6||ASHSX||12.99%|
|AllianzGI Emerging Markets SRI Debt Ins||AGMIX||8.80%|
|AllianzGI Short Term Bond Institutional||ASTKX||8.50%|
|Euro Btp Future Jun20 Xeur 20200608||N/A||8.28%|
|Us 10yr Note (Cbt)sep20 Xcbt 20200921||N/A||7.30%|
|AllianzGI Prefd Secs and Inc R6||ARISX||7.23%|
|Us Ultra Bond Cbt Sep20 Xcbt 20200921||N/A||6.87%|
|E-Mini Russ 1000 Gjun20 Xcme 20200619||N/A||6.08%|
|AllianzGI High Yield Bond Institutional||AYBIX||5.32%|
|iShares International Select Div ETF||IDV||4.33%|
3. What is AGRAX performance? What are AGRAX historical returns?
AGRAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.82%;
- 3-month return is 3.45%;
- 1-year return is -4.08%;
- 3-year return is 1.10%;
- 5-year return is 3.82%;
- 10-year return is 3.67%.
4. How many up and down years did AGRAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGRAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGRAX dividend yield?
AGRAX yield is 5.59%.
6. What is AGRAX minimum initial investment amount?
AGRAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AGRAX expense ratio?
AGRAX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGRAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGRAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AGRAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AGRAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGRAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.36%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.33%.
10. What is AGRAX beta? How would you assess AGRAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.03;
- 5-year beta is 0.96;
- 10-year beta is 0.80.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX buy reasons?
The following are AGRAX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AGRAX 10-year return</strong> is 3.67%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 4.03%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGRAX? What are AGRAX negatives?
The following are AGRAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AGRAX net assets</strong> are $13.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AGRAX 3-year return</strong> is 1.1%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 5.19%.
- <strong>AGRAX 5-year return</strong> is 3.82%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Universal TR USD), 4.51%.
- <strong>AGRAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.