7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds AHICX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AHICX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AHICX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AHICX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AHICX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AHICX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AHICX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AHICX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AHICX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AHICX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AHICX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AHICX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American High-Income Municipal Bond Fund; Class C Shares (AHICX).
- What are AHICX holdings?
- What is AHICX performance? What are AHICX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AHICX have historically?
- What is AHICX dividend yield?
- What is AHICX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AHICX expense ratio?
- Does AHICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AHICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AHICX beta? How would you assess AHICX risk?
- What is AHICX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AHICX Finny Score? AHICX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AHICX? What are AHICX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AHICX? What are AHICX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American High-Income Municipal Bond Fund; Class C Shares (AHICX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income exempt from federal income tax, consistent with the preservation of capital. The Fund invests primarily in municipal bonds. Under normal circumstances, the Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in securities that are exempt from regular federal income tax.
2. What are AHICX top holdings?
AHICX has 5 stock holdings and 2,523 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 3.80% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|PUERTO RICO SALES TAX FING CORP SALES TAX REV 5%||N/A||0.56%|
|LOUISIANA PUB FACS AUTH REV 0.9%||N/A||0.49%|
|BUCKEYE OHIO TOB SETTLEMENT FING AUTH 5%||N/A||0.42%|
|NEW YORK N Y 0.8%||N/A||0.42%|
|BROWARD CNTY FLA ARPT SYS REV 4%||N/A||0.40%|
|NEWPORT NEWS VA INDL DEV AUTH HEALTH SYS REV 5.33%||N/A||0.39%|
|CALIFORNIA INFRASTRUCTURE & ECONOMIC DEV BK REV 1.75%||N/A||0.38%|
|CHICAGO ILL BRD ED 7%||N/A||0.38%|
|ILLINOIS ST 5%||N/A||0.36%|
3. What is AHICX performance? What are AHICX historical returns?
AHICX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.03%;
- 3-month return is 4.61%;
- 1-year return is 0.43%;
- 3-year return is 3.46%;
- 5-year return is 4.01%;
- 10-year return is 4.68%;
- 15-year return is 3.80%.
4. How many up and down years did AHICX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AHICX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is AHICX dividend yield?
AHICX yield is 2.69%.
6. What is AHICX minimum initial investment amount?
AHICX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AHICX expense ratio?
AHICX expense ratio is 1.4%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AHICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AHICX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AHICX front-end sales load is 0. AHICX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AHICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.02%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.01%.
10. What is AHICX beta? How would you assess AHICX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.43;
- 5-year beta is 1.31;
- 10-year beta is 1.22;
- 15-year beta is 1.19.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 29. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 29.
13. What are the pros of investing in AHICX? What are AHICX buy reasons?
The following are AHICX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AHICX 5-year return</strong> is 4.01%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal TR USD), 3.97%.
- <strong>AHICX 10-year return</strong> is 4.68%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal TR USD), 4%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AHICX? What are AHICX negatives?
The following are AHICX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AHICX net assets</strong> are $243.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AHICX 3-year return</strong> is 3.46%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal TR USD), 4.07%.
- <strong>AHICX 15-year return</strong> is 3.8%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal TR USD), 4.31%.
- <strong>AHICX expense ratio</strong> is 1.4%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.