Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Ariel Investments AINIX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AINIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AINIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AINIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AINIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AINIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AINIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AINIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AINIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AINIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AINIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AINIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel International Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AINIX).
- What are AINIX holdings?
- What is AINIX performance? What are AINIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AINIX have historically?
- What is AINIX dividend yield?
- What is AINIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AINIX expense ratio?
- Does AINIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AINIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AINIX beta? How would you assess AINIX risk?
- What is AINIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AINIX Finny Score? AINIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AINIX? What are AINIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AINIX? What are AINIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel International Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AINIX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in equity securities of companies out the US of any market capitalization. The Fund identifies an investment opportunity that offers superior risk-adjusted returns that focuses on both the fundamentals of the business and the intrinsic value of the business.
2. What are AINIX top holdings?
AINIX has 77 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 58.98% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Deutsche Boerse AG||DB1.DE||8.48%|
|Nintendo Co Ltd||7974||7.88%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||7.81%|
|Northern Institutional Treasury Premier||NTPXX||6.72%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||5.24%|
|Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV||AD||5.12%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||4.84%|
|Cie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SA||ML.PA||4.11%|
3. What is AINIX performance? What are AINIX historical returns?
AINIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.70%;
- 3-month return is 0.63%;
- 1-year return is 0.63%;
- 3-year return is 2.82%;
- 5-year return is 4.83%.
4. How many up and down years did AINIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AINIX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AINIX dividend yield?
AINIX yield is 1.69%.
6. What is AINIX minimum initial investment amount?
AINIX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is AINIX expense ratio?
AINIX expense ratio is 0.88%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AINIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AINIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AINIX front-end sales load is 0. AINIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AINIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.7%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.71%.
10. What is AINIX beta? How would you assess AINIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.68;
- 5-year beta is 0.70.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AINIX? What are AINIX buy reasons?
The following are AINIX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AINIX? What are AINIX negatives?
The following are AINIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AINIX net assets are $773.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AINIX 3-year return is 2.82%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 6.28%.
- AINIX 5-year return is 4.83%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 9.47%.
- AINIX expense ratio is 0.88%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?