Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Ariel Investments AINTX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AINTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AINTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AINTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AINTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AINTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AINTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AINTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AINTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AINTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AINTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AINTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel International Fund; Investor Class Shares (AINTX).
- What are AINTX holdings?
- What is AINTX performance? What are AINTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AINTX have historically?
- What is AINTX dividend yield?
- What is AINTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AINTX expense ratio?
- Does AINTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AINTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AINTX beta? How would you assess AINTX risk?
- What is AINTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AINTX Finny Score? AINTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AINTX? What are AINTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AINTX? What are AINTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel International Fund; Investor Class Shares (AINTX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in equity securities of companies out the US of any market capitalization. The Fund identifies an investment opportunity that offers superior risk-adjusted returns that focuses on both the fundamentals of the business and the intrinsic value of the business.
2. What are AINTX top holdings?
AINTX has 77 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 58.98% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Deutsche Boerse AG||DB1.DE||8.48%|
|Nintendo Co Ltd||7974||7.88%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||7.81%|
|Northern Institutional Treasury Premier||NTPXX||6.72%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||5.24%|
|Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV||AD||5.12%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||4.84%|
|Cie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SA||ML.PA||4.11%|
3. What is AINTX performance? What are AINTX historical returns?
AINTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.20%;
- 3-month return is 10.13%;
- 1-year return is 10.13%;
- 3-year return is 1.61%;
- 5-year return is 6.02%.
4. How many up and down years did AINTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AINTX had 6 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AINTX dividend yield?
AINTX yield is 1.47%.
6. What is AINTX minimum initial investment amount?
AINTX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AINTX expense ratio?
AINTX expense ratio is 1.13%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AINTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AINTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AINTX front-end sales load is 0. AINTX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AINTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.61%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.56%.
10. What is AINTX beta? How would you assess AINTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.67;
- 5-year beta is 0.69.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AINTX? What are AINTX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AINTX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AINTX? What are AINTX negatives?
The following are AINTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AINTX net assets are $22.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AINTX 3-year return is 1.61%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 3.32%.
- AINTX 5-year return is 6.02%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 9.93%.
- AINTX expense ratio is 1.13%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.