7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors ALAIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALAIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALAIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALAIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALAIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALAIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALAIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALAIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALAIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALAIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALAIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALAIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Small-Cap Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ALAIX).
- What are ALAIX holdings?
- What is ALAIX performance? What are ALAIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ALAIX have historically?
- What is ALAIX dividend yield?
- What is ALAIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ALAIX expense ratio?
- Does ALAIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALAIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ALAIX beta? How would you assess ALAIX risk?
- What is ALAIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ALAIX Finny Score? ALAIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALAIX? What are ALAIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALAIX? What are ALAIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Small-Cap Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ALAIX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in securities and instruments that are tied economically to emerging markets countries and at least 80% of its net assets in companies with market capitalizations included in the MSCI Emerging Markets Small Cap Index.
2. What are ALAIX top holdings?
ALAIX has 93 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.86% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|China National Building Material Co Ltd Class H||03323||3.16%|
|Lite-On Technology Corp||2301.TW||3.10%|
|TaiDoc Technology Corp||4736.TW||2.88%|
|Gold Fields Ltd ADR||GFI.JO||2.84%|
|Tripod Technology Corp||3044.TW||2.77%|
|West China Cement Ltd||02233||2.66%|
|LG Innotek Co Ltd||011070.KS||2.61%|
|Radiant Opto-Electronics Corp||6176.TW||2.31%|
|CJ CheilJedang Corp||097950.KS||2.22%|
3. What is ALAIX performance? What are ALAIX historical returns?
ALAIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.31%;
- 3-month return is 9.62%;
- 1-year return is 7.03%;
- 3-year return is 2.21%;
- 5-year return is 7.35%.
4. How many up and down years did ALAIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ALAIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ALAIX dividend yield?
ALAIX yield is 3.6%.
6. What is ALAIX minimum initial investment amount?
ALAIX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is ALAIX expense ratio?
ALAIX expense ratio is 1.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ALAIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALAIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ALAIX front-end sales load is 0. ALAIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ALAIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.44%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.67%.
10. What is ALAIX beta? How would you assess ALAIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.20;
- 5-year beta is 1.10.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in ALAIX? What are ALAIX buy reasons?
The following are ALAIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ALAIX 3-year return</strong> is 2.21%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM Small NR USD), -1.3%.
- <strong>ALAIX 5-year return</strong> is 7.35%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM Small NR USD), 4.42%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ALAIX? What are ALAIX negatives?
The following are ALAIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ALAIX net assets</strong> are $8.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ALAIX expense ratio</strong> is 1.5%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?