Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about Alger ALBCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALBCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALBCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALBCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALBCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALBCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALBCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALBCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALBCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALBCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALBCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALBCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds: Alger Growth & Income Fund; Class C Shares (ALBCX).
- What are ALBCX holdings?
- What is ALBCX performance? What are ALBCX historical returns?
- What is ALBCX dividend yield?
- What is ALBCX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does ALBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALBCX Finny Score? ALBCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALBCX? What are ALBCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALBCX? What are ALBCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds: Alger Growth & Income Fund; Class C Shares (ALBCX).
The Fund seeks current income and long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks and fixed income securities, with an emphasis on income-producing securities which appear to have some potential for capital appreciation.
2. What are ALBCX top holdings?
ALBCX has 76 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 42.12% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||3.54%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||3.31%|
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||2.77%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||2.69%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.62%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.13%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||2.11%|
3. What is ALBCX performance? What are ALBCX historical returns?
ALBCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.61%;
- 3-month return is 8.50%;
- 1-year return is 8.50%;
- 3-year return is 16.76%;
- 5-year return is 16.23%;
- 10-year return is 14.43%;
- 15-year return is 9.91%.
4. What is ALBCX dividend yield?
ALBCX yield is 0.31%.
5. What is ALBCX minimum initial investment amount?
ALBCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does ALBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALBCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ALBCX front-end sales load is 0. ALBCX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 43. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 43.
8. What are the pros of investing in ALBCX? What are ALBCX buy reasons?
The following are ALBCX strengths from our perspective:
- ALBCX 3-year return is 16.76%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.19%.
- ALBCX 5-year return is 16.23%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.99%.
- ALBCX 15-year return is 9.91%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.89%.
9. What are the cons of investing in ALBCX? What are ALBCX negatives?
The following are ALBCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALBCX net assets are $18.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALBCX 10-year return is 14.43%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.81%.
- ALBCX expense ratio is 1.81%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.