Before we start: if you’re looking for ALCFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALCFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALCFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALCFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALCFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALCFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALCFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALCFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALCFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALCFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALCFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Institutional Funds: Alger Capital Appreciation Focus Fund; Class C Shares (ALCFX).
- What are ALCFX holdings?
- What is ALCFX performance? What are ALCFX historical returns?
- What is ALCFX dividend yield?
- What is ALCFX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does ALCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALCFX Finny Score? ALCFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Institutional Funds: Alger Capital Appreciation Focus Fund; Class C Shares (ALCFX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
2. What are ALCFX top holdings?
ALCFX has 47 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 53.84% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.89%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||4.47%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.40%|
|T-Mobile US Inc||TMUS||3.83%|
|PayPal Holdings Inc||PYPL||3.58%|
3. What is ALCFX performance? What are ALCFX historical returns?
ALCFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -5.60%;
- 3-month return is -3.17%;
- 1-year return is -3.17%;
- 3-year return is 25.71%;
- 5-year return is 24.65%;
- 10-year return is 17.67%.
4. What is ALCFX dividend yield?
ALCFX yield is 0%.
5. What is ALCFX minimum initial investment amount?
ALCFX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does ALCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALCFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ALCFX front-end sales load is 0. ALCFX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
8. What are the pros of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX buy reasons?
The following are ALCFX strengths from our perspective:
- ALCFX 5-year return is 24.65%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 25.12%.
- ALCFX 10-year return is 17.67%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 19.43%.
9. What are the cons of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX negatives?
The following are ALCFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALCFX net assets are $69.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALCFX 3-year return is 25.71%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 28.89%.
- ALCFX expense ratio is 1.71%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.