7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger ALCFX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALCFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALCFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALCFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALCFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALCFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALCFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALCFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALCFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALCFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALCFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALCFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Institutional Funds: Alger Capital Appreciation Focus Fund; Class C Shares (ALCFX).
- What are ALCFX holdings?
- What is ALCFX performance? What are ALCFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ALCFX have historically?
- What is ALCFX dividend yield?
- What is ALCFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ALCFX expense ratio?
- Does ALCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALCFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ALCFX beta? How would you assess ALCFX risk?
- What is ALCFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ALCFX Finny Score? ALCFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Institutional Funds: Alger Capital Appreciation Focus Fund; Class C Shares (ALCFX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in common stocks of companies which appear, on the basis of original research, to have unusual appreciation potential, due to high unit volume growth or major life cycle change.
2. What are ALCFX top holdings?
ALCFX has 50 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 54.11% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.94%|
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.84%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||4.62%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.35%|
|Fidelity National Information Services Inc||FIS||3.84%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.80%|
3. What is ALCFX performance? What are ALCFX historical returns?
ALCFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -3.18%;
- 3-month return is 9.68%;
- 1-year return is 37.60%;
- 3-year return is 22.17%;
- 5-year return is 18.57%;
- 10-year return is 15.58%.
4. How many up and down years did ALCFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ALCFX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is ALCFX dividend yield?
ALCFX yield is 0%.
6. What is ALCFX minimum initial investment amount?
ALCFX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ALCFX expense ratio?
ALCFX expense ratio is 1.8%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ALCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALCFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ALCFX front-end sales load is 0. ALCFX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ALCFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.54%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.99%.
10. What is ALCFX beta? How would you assess ALCFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.00;
- 5-year beta is 1.02;
- 10-year beta is 1.02.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX buy reasons?
The following are ALCFX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ALCFX 3-year return</strong> is 22.17%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 20.37%.
- <strong>ALCFX 5-year return</strong> is 18.57%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 18.45%.
- <strong>ALCFX 10-year return</strong> is 15.58%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 17.09%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ALCFX? What are ALCFX negatives?
The following are ALCFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ALCFX net assets</strong> are $40.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ALCFX expense ratio</strong> is 1.8%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.