7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments ALICX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALICX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALICX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALICX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALICX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALICX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALICX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALICX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALICX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALICX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALICX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALICX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Quantitative Equity Funds, Inc: AC Alternatives Equity Market Neutral Fund; Class C Shares (ALICX).
- What are ALICX holdings?
- What is ALICX performance? What are ALICX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ALICX have historically?
- What is ALICX dividend yield?
- What is ALICX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ALICX expense ratio?
- Does ALICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ALICX beta? How would you assess ALICX risk?
- What is ALICX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ALICX Finny Score? ALICX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALICX? What are ALICX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALICX? What are ALICX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Quantitative Equity Funds, Inc: AC Alternatives Equity Market Neutral Fund; Class C Shares (ALICX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation independent of equity market conditions. The Fund seeks to achieve this objective by investing primarily the 1,500 largest publicly traded companies in the United States. The Fund will take long and short positions.
2. What are ALICX top holdings?
ALICX has 115 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 9.74% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Activision Blizzard Inc||ATVI||1.00%|
|Ares Management Corp Class A||ARES||0.99%|
|Performance Food Group Co||PFGC||0.99%|
|Electronic Arts Inc||EA||0.97%|
|Artisan Partners Asset Management Inc||APAM||0.96%|
|Boston Scientific Corp||BSX||0.96%|
|Diamondback Energy Inc||FANG||0.96%|
|Nike Inc B||NKE||0.96%|
3. What is ALICX performance? What are ALICX historical returns?
ALICX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.34%;
- 3-month return is -3.70%;
- 1-year return is -8.39%;
- 3-year return is -2.44%;
- 5-year return is -2.18%;
- 10-year return is -0.25%.
4. How many up and down years did ALICX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ALICX had 5 up years and 4 down years. See Performances
5. What is ALICX dividend yield?
ALICX yield is 0%.
6. What is ALICX minimum initial investment amount?
ALICX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ALICX expense ratio?
ALICX expense ratio is 4.13%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ALICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALICX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ALICX front-end sales load is 0. ALICX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ALICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is ALICX beta? How would you assess ALICX risk?
- 3-year beta is -0.20;
- 5-year beta is -0.06;
- 10-year beta is -0.08.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in ALICX? What are ALICX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ALICX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ALICX? What are ALICX negatives?
The following are ALICX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ALICX net assets</strong> are $1.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ALICX expense ratio</strong> is 4.13%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.