7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors ALLGX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALLGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALLGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALLGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALLGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALLGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALLGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALLGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALLGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALLGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALLGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALLGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Best Styles Global Equity Fund; Class A Shares (ALLGX).
- What are ALLGX holdings?
- What is ALLGX performance? What are ALLGX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ALLGX have historically?
- What is ALLGX dividend yield?
- What is ALLGX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ALLGX expense ratio?
- Does ALLGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALLGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ALLGX beta? How would you assess ALLGX risk?
- What is ALLGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ALLGX Finny Score? ALLGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALLGX? What are ALLGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALLGX? What are ALLGX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Best Styles Global Equity Fund; Class A Shares (ALLGX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund normally invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities and equity-related instruments. The Fund normally invests at least 40% of its assets in non-US securities, including emerging market securities. The Fund may invest in issuers of any market size.
2. What are ALLGX top holdings?
ALLGX has 439 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.24% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||1.23%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||1.23%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||0.87%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||0.87%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||0.85%|
3. What is ALLGX performance? What are ALLGX historical returns?
ALLGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.60%;
- 3-month return is 7.91%;
- 1-year return is 11.30%;
- 3-year return is 5.66%;
- 5-year return is 8.25%.
4. How many up and down years did ALLGX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ALLGX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ALLGX dividend yield?
ALLGX yield is 5.69%.
6. What is ALLGX minimum initial investment amount?
ALLGX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ALLGX expense ratio?
ALLGX expense ratio is 0.7%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ALLGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALLGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ALLGX front-end sales load is 5.5. ALLGX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ALLGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 4.49%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 4.02%.
10. What is ALLGX beta? How would you assess ALLGX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.03;
- 5-year beta is 0.96.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in ALLGX? What are ALLGX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ALLGX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ALLGX? What are ALLGX negatives?
The following are ALLGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALLGX net assets are $0.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALLGX 3-year return is 5.66%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.07%.
- ALLGX 5-year return is 8.25%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.35%.
- ALLGX expense ratio is 0.7%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.