Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Virtus ALNFX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ALNFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ALNFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ALNFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ALNFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ALNFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ALNFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ALNFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ALNFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ALNFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ALNFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ALNFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI NFJ Large-Cap Value Fund; Administrative Class Shares (ALNFX).
- What are ALNFX holdings?
- What is ALNFX performance? What are ALNFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ALNFX have historically?
- What is ALNFX dividend yield?
- What is ALNFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ALNFX expense ratio?
- Does ALNFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ALNFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ALNFX beta? How would you assess ALNFX risk?
- What is ALNFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ALNFX Finny Score? ALNFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ALNFX? What are ALNFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ALNFX? What are ALNFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI NFJ Large-Cap Value Fund; Administrative Class Shares (ALNFX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital and income. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by normally investing at least 80% of its net assets in common stocks and other equity securities of companies large market capitalizations. The Fund invests significantly in securities expected to generate income.
2. What are ALNFX top holdings?
ALNFX has 71 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 24.74% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||3.84%|
|NextEra Energy Inc||NEE||3.76%|
|L3Harris Technologies Inc||LHX||2.41%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.98%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||1.94%|
|Merck & Co Inc||MRK||1.71%|
3. What is ALNFX performance? What are ALNFX historical returns?
ALNFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.88%;
- 3-month return is 7.44%;
- 1-year return is 7.44%;
- 3-year return is 10.80%;
- 5-year return is 12.59%;
- 10-year return is 10.65%.
4. How many up and down years did ALNFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ALNFX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ALNFX dividend yield?
ALNFX yield is 0.57%.
6. What is ALNFX minimum initial investment amount?
ALNFX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is ALNFX expense ratio?
ALNFX expense ratio is 1.02%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ALNFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ALNFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ALNFX front-end sales load is 0. ALNFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ALNFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.26%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.66%.
10. What is ALNFX beta? How would you assess ALNFX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in ALNFX? What are ALNFX buy reasons?
The following are ALNFX strengths from our perspective:
- ALNFX 5-year return is 12.59%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.05%.
- ALNFX 10-year return is 10.65%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.54%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ALNFX? What are ALNFX negatives?
The following are ALNFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ALNFX net assets are $0.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ALNFX 3-year return is 10.8%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.74%.
- ALNFX expense ratio is 1.02%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.