7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
16 important things you should know about Amana AMAGX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMAGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMAGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMAGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMAGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMAGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMAGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMAGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMAGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMAGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMAGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMAGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMAGX).
- What are AMAGX holdings?
- What is AMAGX performance? What are AMAGX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMAGX have historically?
- What is AMAGX dividend yield?
- What is AMAGX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMAGX expense ratio?
- Does AMAGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMAGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMAGX beta? How would you assess AMAGX risk?
- What is AMAGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMAGX Finny Score? AMAGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: AMAGX vs AMANX.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMAGX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. The Funds invest only in equity securities, including foreign securities, in pursuit of these goals. Investment decisions are made in accordance with Islamic principles.
2. What are AMAGX top holdings?
AMAGX has 37 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 51.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||4.68%|
|Church & Dwight Co Inc||CHD||4.46%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.31%|
|The Estee Lauder Companies Inc Class A||EL||4.24%|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||A||3.86%|
3. What is AMAGX performance? What are AMAGX historical returns?
AMAGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 6.33%;
- 3-month return is 14.25%;
- 1-year return is 31.07%;
- 3-year return is 21.13%;
- 5-year return is 20.15%;
- 10-year return is 14.20%;
- 15-year return is 11.66%.
4. How many up and down years did AMAGX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMAGX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AMAGX dividend yield?
AMAGX yield is 0.29%.
6. What is AMAGX minimum initial investment amount?
AMAGX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AMAGX expense ratio?
AMAGX expense ratio is 1.02%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMAGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMAGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AMAGX front-end sales load is 0. AMAGX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMAGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.73%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.29%.
10. What is AMAGX beta? How would you assess AMAGX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.89;
- 5-year beta is 0.89;
- 10-year beta is 0.91;
- 15-year beta is 0.87.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX buy reasons?
The following are AMAGX strengths from our perspective:
- AMAGX 3-year return is 21.13%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.47%.
- AMAGX 5-year return is 20.15%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 15.37%.
- AMAGX 10-year return is 14.2%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.87%.
- AMAGX 15-year return is 11.66%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.68%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX negatives?
The following are AMAGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMAGX expense ratio is 1.02%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
15. Compare and contrast: AMAGX vs AMANX.
Both AMAGX and AMANX are mutual funds. AMAGX has a higher 5-year return than AMANX (20.15% vs 12.43%). AMAGX has a lower expense ratio than AMANX (1.02% vs 1.06%). Below is the comparison between AMAGX and AMANX.
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Blend|
AMANX profile: The Fund seeks high current income and preservation of capital, consistent with Islamic principles. The Fund only purchases securities of dividend-paying companies, which are expected to have more stable stock prices.
For further information, check out AMAGX vs AMANX comparison details.