Before we start: if you’re looking for AMAGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMAGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMAGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMAGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMAGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMAGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMAGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMAGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMAGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMAGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMAGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMAGX).
- What are AMAGX holdings?
- What is AMAGX performance? What are AMAGX historical returns?
- What is AMAGX dividend yield?
- What is AMAGX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AMAGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMAGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMAGX Finny Score? AMAGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: AMAGX vs AMANX.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMAGX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. The Funds invest only in equity securities, including foreign securities, in pursuit of these goals. Investment decisions are made in accordance with Islamic principles.
2. What are AMAGX top holdings?
AMAGX has 37 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 51.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|ASML Holding NV ADR||ASML||4.68%|
|Church & Dwight Co Inc||CHD||4.46%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.31%|
|The Estee Lauder Companies Inc Class A||EL||4.24%|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||A||3.86%|
3. What is AMAGX performance? What are AMAGX historical returns?
AMAGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.50%;
- 3-month return is 15.57%;
- 1-year return is 15.57%;
- 3-year return is 25.44%;
- 5-year return is 23.75%;
- 10-year return is 17.90%;
- 15-year return is 13.04%.
4. What is AMAGX dividend yield?
AMAGX yield is 0.18%.
5. What is AMAGX minimum initial investment amount?
AMAGX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
6. Does AMAGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMAGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AMAGX front-end sales load is 0. AMAGX back-end sales load is 0.
8. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
9. What are the pros of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX buy reasons?
The following are AMAGX strengths from our perspective:
- AMAGX 3-year return is 25.44%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.19%.
- AMAGX 5-year return is 23.75%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.99%.
- AMAGX 10-year return is 17.9%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.81%.
- AMAGX 15-year return is 13.04%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.89%.
10. What are the cons of investing in AMAGX? What are AMAGX negatives?
The following are AMAGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMAGX expense ratio is 0.96%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
11. Compare and contrast: AMAGX vs AMANX.
Both AMAGX and AMANX are mutual funds. AMAGX has a higher 5-year return than AMANX (23.75% vs 13.33%). AMAGX has a lower expense ratio than AMANX (0.96% vs 1.04%). Below is the comparison between AMAGX and AMANX.
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Blend|
AMANX profile: The Fund seeks high current income and preservation of capital, consistent with Islamic principles. The Fund only purchases securities of dividend-paying companies, which are expected to have more stable stock prices.
For further information, check out AMAGX vs AMANX comparison details.