7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
16 important things you should know about Amana AMANX mutual fund
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMANX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMANX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMANX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMANX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMANX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMANX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMANX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMANX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMANX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMANX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMANX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMANX).
- What are AMANX holdings?
- What is AMANX performance? What are AMANX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMANX have historically?
- What is AMANX dividend yield?
- What is AMANX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMANX expense ratio?
- Does AMANX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMANX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMANX beta? How would you assess AMANX risk?
- What is AMANX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMANX Finny Score? AMANX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMANX? What are AMANX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMANX? What are AMANX sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: AMANX vs AMAGX.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMANX).
The Fund seeks high current income and preservation of capital, consistent with Islamic principles. The Fund only purchases securities of dividend-paying companies, which are expected to have more stable stock prices.
2. What are AMANX top holdings?
AMANX has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 45.91% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||6.23%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||5.18%|
|Rockwell Automation Inc||ROK||4.98%|
|McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting||MKC||4.38%|
|Illinois Tool Works Inc||ITW||4.36%|
|Microchip Technology Inc||MCHP||3.89%|
|PPG Industries Inc||PPG||3.67%|
|Parker Hannifin Corp||PH||3.40%|
3. What is AMANX performance? What are AMANX historical returns?
AMANX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.64%;
- 3-month return is 5.89%;
- 1-year return is 13.40%;
- 3-year return is 10.29%;
- 5-year return is 11.13%;
- 10-year return is 10.58%;
- 15-year return is 9.66%.
4. How many up and down years did AMANX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMANX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AMANX dividend yield?
AMANX yield is 1.24%.
6. What is AMANX minimum initial investment amount?
AMANX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AMANX expense ratio?
AMANX expense ratio is 1.06%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMANX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMANX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AMANX front-end sales load is 0. AMANX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMANX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.76%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.53%.
10. What is AMANX beta? How would you assess AMANX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.85;
- 5-year beta is 0.86;
- 10-year beta is 0.87.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 14. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 14.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMANX? What are AMANX buy reasons?
The following are AMANX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AMANX 15-year return</strong> is 9.66%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.56%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMANX? What are AMANX negatives?
The following are AMANX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AMANX net assets</strong> are $719.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AMANX 3-year return</strong> is 10.29%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.83%.
- <strong>AMANX 5-year return</strong> is 11.13%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.08%.
- <strong>AMANX 10-year return</strong> is 10.58%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.41%.
- <strong>AMANX expense ratio</strong> is 1.06%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.
15. Compare and contrast: AMANX vs AMAGX.
Both AMANX and AMAGX are mutual funds. AMANX has a lower 5-year return than AMAGX (11.13% vs 18.04%). AMANX has a higher expense ratio than AMAGX (1.06% vs 1.02%). Below is the comparison between AMANX and AMAGX.
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Blend||U.S. Equity: Large Growth|
AMAGX profile: The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. The Funds invest only in equity securities, including foreign securities, in pursuit of these goals. Investment decisions are made in accordance with Islamic principles.
For further information, check out AMANX vs AMAGX comparison details.