Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Amana AMDWX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMDWX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMDWX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMDWX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMDWX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMDWX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMDWX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMDWX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMDWX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMDWX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMDWX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMDWX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMDWX).
- What are AMDWX holdings?
- What is AMDWX performance? What are AMDWX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMDWX have historically?
- What is AMDWX dividend yield?
- What is AMDWX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMDWX expense ratio?
- Does AMDWX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMDWX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMDWX beta? How would you assess AMDWX risk?
- What is AMDWX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMDWX Finny Score? AMDWX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMDWX? What are AMDWX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMDWX? What are AMDWX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Investor Class Shares (AMDWX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth, consistent with Islamic principles. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of total net assets in common stocks of companies with significant exposure (50% or more of production assets, or revenues) to countries with developing economies and/or markets.
2. What are AMDWX top holdings?
AMDWX has 36 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 41.45% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd ADR||TCEHY||7.12%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||4.88%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.56%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||3.10%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.10%|
|Advantech Co Ltd||2395.TW||3.09%|
|LG Household & Health Care Ltd||051900.KS||3.09%|
|Kansas City Southern||KSU||2.97%|
|Clicks Group Ltd||CLS.JO||2.93%|
3. What is AMDWX performance? What are AMDWX historical returns?
AMDWX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.05%;
- 3-month return is 16.96%;
- 1-year return is 20.63%;
- 3-year return is 6.59%;
- 5-year return is 8.10%;
- 10-year return is 1.87%.
4. How many up and down years did AMDWX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMDWX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AMDWX dividend yield?
AMDWX yield is 0.32%.
6. What is AMDWX minimum initial investment amount?
AMDWX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AMDWX expense ratio?
AMDWX expense ratio is 1.34%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMDWX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMDWX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AMDWX front-end sales load is 0. AMDWX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMDWX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.09%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.08%.
10. What is AMDWX beta? How would you assess AMDWX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.81;
- 5-year beta is 0.77;
- 10-year beta is 0.68.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMDWX? What are AMDWX buy reasons?
The following are AMDWX strengths from our perspective:
- AMDWX 3-year return is 6.59%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 6.43%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMDWX? What are AMDWX negatives?
The following are AMDWX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMDWX net assets are $16.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMDWX 5-year return is 8.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 12.55%.
- AMDWX 10-year return is 1.87%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.76%.
- AMDWX expense ratio is 1.34%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.