Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Alger AMGCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMGCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMGCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMGCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMGCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMGCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMGCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMGCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMGCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMGCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMGCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMGCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds: Alger Mid Cap Growth Fund; Class C Shares (AMGCX).
- What are AMGCX holdings?
- What is AMGCX performance? What are AMGCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMGCX have historically?
- What is AMGCX dividend yield?
- What is AMGCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMGCX expense ratio?
- Does AMGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMGCX beta? How would you assess AMGCX risk?
- What is AMGCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMGCX Finny Score? AMGCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMGCX? What are AMGCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMGCX? What are AMGCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds: Alger Mid Cap Growth Fund; Class C Shares (AMGCX).
The Fund seeks to invest in midsize companies with promising growth potential by investing primarily in equity securities of firms having a market capitalization within range of companies in the S&P MidCap 400 Index.
2. What are AMGCX top holdings?
AMGCX has 107 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 18.47% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Advanced Micro Devices Inc||AMD||3.36%|
|US Foods Holding Corp||USFD||1.95%|
|Warrant on Forte Biosciences Inc Ordinary Shares||N/A||1.74%|
|Forte Biosciences Inc Ordinary Shares||FBRX||1.62%|
|Vail Resorts Inc||MTN||1.54%|
|Veeva Systems Inc Class A||VEEV||1.51%|
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||1.50%|
|Universal Display Corp||OLED||1.42%|
3. What is AMGCX performance? What are AMGCX historical returns?
AMGCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -6.00%;
- 3-month return is 3.71%;
- 1-year return is 3.71%;
- 3-year return is 25.18%;
- 5-year return is 21.70%;
- 10-year return is 13.07%;
- 15-year return is 8.80%.
4. How many up and down years did AMGCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMGCX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AMGCX dividend yield?
AMGCX yield is 0%.
6. What is AMGCX minimum initial investment amount?
AMGCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AMGCX expense ratio?
AMGCX expense ratio is 2.1%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMGCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AMGCX front-end sales load is 0. AMGCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AMGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 3.83%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.7%.
10. What is AMGCX beta? How would you assess AMGCX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 43. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 43.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMGCX? What are AMGCX buy reasons?
The following are AMGCX strengths from our perspective:
- AMGCX 3-year return is 25.18%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 20.18%.
- AMGCX 5-year return is 21.7%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 18.73%.
- AMGCX 10-year return is 13.07%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 14.25%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMGCX? What are AMGCX negatives?
The following are AMGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMGCX net assets are $7.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMGCX 15-year return is 8.8%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 11.11%.
- AMGCX expense ratio is 2.1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.