7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Amana AMIDX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMIDX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMIDX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMIDX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMIDX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMIDX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMIDX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMIDX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMIDX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMIDX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMIDX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMIDX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMIDX).
- What are AMIDX holdings?
- What is AMIDX performance? What are AMIDX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMIDX have historically?
- What is AMIDX dividend yield?
- What is AMIDX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMIDX expense ratio?
- Does AMIDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMIDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMIDX beta? How would you assess AMIDX risk?
- What is AMIDX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMIDX Finny Score? AMIDX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMIDX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth, consistent with Islamic principles. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of total net assets in common stocks of companies with significant exposure (50% or more of production assets, or revenues) to countries with developing economies and/or markets.
2. What are AMIDX top holdings?
AMIDX has 40 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 38.56% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd ADR||TCEHY||6.08%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||3.80%|
|Advantech Co Ltd||2395.TW||3.30%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||3.29%|
|Clicks Group Ltd||CLS.JO||3.21%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.05%|
|Kansas City Southern||KSU||3.04%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||2.98%|
3. What is AMIDX performance? What are AMIDX historical returns?
AMIDX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.09%;
- 3-month return is 6.66%;
- 1-year return is 9.93%;
- 3-year return is 1.80%;
- 5-year return is 4.59%;
- 10-year return is 0.63%.
4. How many up and down years did AMIDX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMIDX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AMIDX dividend yield?
AMIDX yield is 0.54%.
6. What is AMIDX minimum initial investment amount?
AMIDX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is AMIDX expense ratio?
AMIDX expense ratio is 1.14%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMIDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMIDX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AMIDX front-end sales load is 0. AMIDX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMIDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.13%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.11%.
10. What is AMIDX beta? How would you assess AMIDX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.82;
- 5-year beta is 0.79;
- 10-year beta is 0.65.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX buy reasons?
The following are AMIDX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AMIDX 3-year return</strong> is 1.8%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.85%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX negatives?
The following are AMIDX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AMIDX net assets</strong> are $20.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AMIDX 5-year return</strong> is 4.59%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.49%.
- <strong>AMIDX 10-year return</strong> is 0.63%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.89%.
- <strong>AMIDX expense ratio</strong> is 1.14%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?