Before we start: if you’re looking for AMIDX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMIDX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMIDX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMIDX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMIDX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMIDX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMIDX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMIDX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMIDX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMIDX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMIDX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMIDX).
- What are AMIDX holdings?
- What is AMIDX performance? What are AMIDX historical returns?
- What is AMIDX dividend yield?
- What is AMIDX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AMIDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMIDX Finny Score? AMIDX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Developing World Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMIDX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth, consistent with Islamic principles. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of total net assets in common stocks of companies with significant exposure (50% or more of production assets, or revenues) to countries with developing economies and/or markets.
2. What are AMIDX top holdings?
AMIDX has 36 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 41.45% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd ADR||TCEHY||7.12%|
|Techtronic Industries Co Ltd||00669.HK||4.88%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.56%|
|Baidu Inc ADR||BIDU||3.10%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.10%|
|Advantech Co Ltd||2395.TW||3.09%|
|LG Household & Health Care Ltd||051900.KS||3.09%|
|Kansas City Southern||KSU||2.97%|
|Clicks Group Ltd||CLS.JO||2.93%|
3. What is AMIDX performance? What are AMIDX historical returns?
AMIDX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.73%;
- 3-month return is 0.37%;
- 1-year return is 0.37%;
- 3-year return is 14.17%;
- 5-year return is 9.15%;
- 10-year return is 3.69%.
4. What is AMIDX dividend yield?
AMIDX yield is 0%.
5. What is AMIDX minimum initial investment amount?
AMIDX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
6. Does AMIDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMIDX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AMIDX front-end sales load is 0. AMIDX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
8. What are the pros of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX buy reasons?
The following are AMIDX strengths from our perspective:
- AMIDX 3-year return is 14.17%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 10.27%.
- AMIDX 5-year return is 9.15%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.89%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in AMIDX? What are AMIDX negatives?
The following are AMIDX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMIDX net assets are $48.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMIDX 10-year return is 3.69%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 5.85%.
- AMIDX expense ratio is 0.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?