7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Amana AMINX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMINX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMINX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMINX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMINX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMINX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMINX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMINX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMINX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMINX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMINX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMINX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMINX).
- What are AMINX holdings?
- What is AMINX performance? What are AMINX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMINX have historically?
- What is AMINX dividend yield?
- What is AMINX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMINX expense ratio?
- Does AMINX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMINX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMINX beta? How would you assess AMINX risk?
- What is AMINX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMINX Finny Score? AMINX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMINX? What are AMINX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMINX? What are AMINX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Amana Mutual Funds Trust: Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AMINX).
The Fund seeks high current income and preservation of capital, consistent with Islamic principles. The Fund only purchases securities of dividend-paying companies, which are expected to have more stable stock prices.
2. What are AMINX top holdings?
AMINX has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 45.80% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Eli Lilly and Co||LLY||6.08%|
|Rockwell Automation Inc||ROK||5.06%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||4.93%|
|McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting||MKC||4.52%|
|Illinois Tool Works Inc||ITW||4.33%|
|Microchip Technology Inc||MCHP||4.04%|
|PPG Industries Inc||PPG||3.52%|
|Parker Hannifin Corp||PH||3.37%|
3. What is AMINX performance? What are AMINX historical returns?
AMINX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.43%;
- 3-month return is 3.41%;
- 1-year return is 12.07%;
- 3-year return is 8.94%;
- 5-year return is 10.42%;
- 10-year return is 10.51%.
4. How many up and down years did AMINX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMINX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AMINX dividend yield?
AMINX yield is 1.56%.
6. What is AMINX minimum initial investment amount?
AMINX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is AMINX expense ratio?
AMINX expense ratio is 0.83%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMINX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMINX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AMINX front-end sales load is 0. AMINX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMINX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.85%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.6%.
10. What is AMINX beta? How would you assess AMINX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.86;
- 5-year beta is 0.87;
- 10-year beta is 0.88.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMINX? What are AMINX buy reasons?
The following are AMINX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMINX? What are AMINX negatives?
The following are AMINX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AMINX net assets</strong> are $585.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AMINX 3-year return</strong> is 8.94%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.09%.
- <strong>AMINX 5-year return</strong> is 10.42%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.68%.
- <strong>AMINX 10-year return</strong> is 10.51%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.44%.
- <strong>AMINX expense ratio</strong> is 0.83%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?