7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AQR Funds AMONX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMONX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMONX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMONX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMONX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMONX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMONX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMONX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMONX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMONX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMONX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMONX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AQR Funds: AQR Large Cap Momentum Style Fund; Class N Shares (AMONX).
- What are AMONX holdings?
- What is AMONX performance? What are AMONX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMONX have historically?
- What is AMONX dividend yield?
- What is AMONX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMONX expense ratio?
- Does AMONX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMONX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMONX beta? How would you assess AMONX risk?
- What is AMONX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMONX Finny Score? AMONX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMONX? What are AMONX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMONX? What are AMONX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AQR Funds: AQR Large Cap Momentum Style Fund; Class N Shares (AMONX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund will invest primarily in equity or equity-related securities of large and mid-sized companies traded on a principal U.S. exchange or over-the-counter that the Adviser determines to have positive momentum.
2. What are AMONX top holdings?
AMONX has 467 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 29.49% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||2.37%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||2.07%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.05%|
|Mastercard Inc A||MA||1.94%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||1.85%|
|Ubs Money Ser||N/A||1.68%|
3. What is AMONX performance? What are AMONX historical returns?
AMONX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.38%;
- 3-month return is 13.75%;
- 1-year return is 17.88%;
- 3-year return is 14.90%;
- 5-year return is 13.73%;
- 10-year return is 13.65%.
4. How many up and down years did AMONX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMONX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AMONX dividend yield?
AMONX yield is 0.85%.
6. What is AMONX minimum initial investment amount?
AMONX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is AMONX expense ratio?
AMONX expense ratio is 0.65%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMONX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMONX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AMONX front-end sales load is 0. AMONX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AMONX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.28%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.45%.
10. What is AMONX beta? How would you assess AMONX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.98;
- 5-year beta is 0.97;
- 10-year beta is 1.00.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMONX? What are AMONX buy reasons?
The following are AMONX strengths from our perspective:
- AMONX 3-year return is 14.9%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 13.61%.
- AMONX 5-year return is 13.73%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 14.34%.
- AMONX 10-year return is 13.65%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 TR USD), 14.32%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMONX? What are AMONX negatives?
The following are AMONX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMONX net assets are $62.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AMONX expense ratio is 0.65%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.