Before we start: if you’re looking for AMPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMCAP Fund; Class C Shares (AMPCX).
- What are AMPCX holdings?
- What is AMPCX performance? What are AMPCX historical returns?
- What is AMPCX dividend yield?
- What is AMPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AMPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMPCX Finny Score? AMPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMCAP Fund; Class C Shares (AMPCX).
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of issuers located in the U.S. with a record of above-average long-term growth.
2. What are AMPCX top holdings?
AMPCX has 147 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 27.88% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Facebook Inc A||FB||3.24%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.68%|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc||TMO||2.04%|
|Mastercard Inc A||MA||1.69%|
3. What is AMPCX performance? What are AMPCX historical returns?
AMPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.44%;
- 3-month return is 9.81%;
- 1-year return is 9.81%;
- 3-year return is 16.03%;
- 5-year return is 16.67%;
- 10-year return is 15.44%;
- 15-year return is 10.31%.
4. What is AMPCX dividend yield?
AMPCX yield is 0%.
5. What is AMPCX minimum initial investment amount?
AMPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does AMPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AMPCX front-end sales load is 0. AMPCX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
8. What are the pros of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX buy reasons?
The following are AMPCX strengths from our perspective:
- AMPCX 5-year return is 16.67%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.99%.
- AMPCX 10-year return is 15.44%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.81%.
- AMPCX 15-year return is 10.31%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.89%.
9. What are the cons of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX negatives?
The following are AMPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMPCX 3-year return is 16.03%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.19%.
- AMPCX expense ratio is 1.41%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.