Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds AMPCX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMCAP Fund; Class C Shares (AMPCX).
- What are AMPCX holdings?
- What is AMPCX performance? What are AMPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AMPCX have historically?
- What is AMPCX dividend yield?
- What is AMPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AMPCX expense ratio?
- Does AMPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AMPCX beta? How would you assess AMPCX risk?
- What is AMPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AMPCX Finny Score? AMPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMCAP Fund; Class C Shares (AMPCX).
The Fund seeks to provide long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of issuers located in the U.S. with a record of above-average long-term growth.
2. What are AMPCX top holdings?
AMPCX has 199 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.53% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.88%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.75%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||1.78%|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc||TMO||1.77%|
3. What is AMPCX performance? What are AMPCX historical returns?
AMPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 8.64%;
- 3-month return is -8.20%;
- 1-year return is 5.19%;
- 3-year return is 9.40%;
- 5-year return is 7.84%;
- 10-year return is 11.07%;
- 15-year return is 8.10%.
4. How many up and down years did AMPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AMPCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AMPCX dividend yield?
AMPCX yield is 0%.
6. What is AMPCX minimum initial investment amount?
AMPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AMPCX expense ratio?
AMPCX expense ratio is 1.46%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AMPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AMPCX front-end sales load is 0. AMPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AMPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.18%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.66%.
10. What is AMPCX beta? How would you assess AMPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.95;
- 10-year beta is 0.97;
- 15-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is AMPCX Finny Score? AMPCX buy or sell?
AMPCX Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy AMPCX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX buy reasons?
The following are AMPCX strengths from our perspective:
- AMPCX 3-year return is 9.4%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.1%.
- AMPCX 10-year return is 11.07%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.06%.
- AMPCX 15-year return is 8.1%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.54%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AMPCX? What are AMPCX negatives?
The following are AMPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMPCX 5-year return is 7.84%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.05%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- AMPCX expense ratio is 1.46%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?