No bull case arguments.
Before we start: if you’re looking for AMRMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AMRMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AMRMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AMRMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AMRMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AMRMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AMRMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AMRMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AMRMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AMRMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AMRMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Mutual Fund; Class A Shares (AMRMX).
- What are AMRMX holdings?
- What is AMRMX performance? What are AMRMX historical returns?
- What is AMRMX dividend yield?
- What is AMRMX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does AMRMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AMRMX Finny Score? AMRMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AMRMX? What are AMRMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AMRMX? What are AMRMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Mutual Fund; Class A Shares (AMRMX).
The Fund seeks current income, growth of capital and conservation of principal. The Fund seeks to invest primarily in common stocks of companies that are likely to participate in the growth of the American economy and whose dividends appear to be sustainable in the United States and Canada.
2. What are AMRMX top holdings?
AMRMX has 160 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 25.00% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||3.09%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||2.98%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.28%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||2.15%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||1.95%|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||1.75%|
3. What is AMRMX performance? What are AMRMX historical returns?
AMRMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.69%;
- 3-month return is 1.37%;
- 1-year return is 1.37%;
- 3-year return is 11.99%;
- 5-year return is 12.29%;
- 10-year return is 12.34%;
- 15-year return is 8.49%.
4. What is AMRMX dividend yield?
AMRMX yield is 1.65%.
5. What is AMRMX minimum initial investment amount?
AMRMX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does AMRMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AMRMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.24. AMRMX front-end sales load is 5.75. AMRMX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
8. What are the pros of investing in AMRMX? What are AMRMX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AMRMX.
9. What are the cons of investing in AMRMX? What are AMRMX negatives?
The following are AMRMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMRMX 3-year return is 11.99%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 20.48%.
- AMRMX 5-year return is 12.29%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.03%.
- AMRMX 10-year return is 12.34%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.21%.
- AMRMX 15-year return is 8.49%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.48%.
- AMRMX expense ratio is 0.6%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.