Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds ANBAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ANBAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ANBAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ANBAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ANBAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ANBAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ANBAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ANBAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ANBAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ANBAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ANBAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ANBAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class A Shares (ANBAX).
- What are ANBAX holdings?
- What is ANBAX performance? What are ANBAX historical returns?
- What is ANBAX dividend yield?
- What is ANBAX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does ANBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ANBAX Finny Score? ANBAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ANBAX? What are ANBAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ANBAX? What are ANBAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class A Shares (ANBAX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives. The Fund invests in debt securities with a wide range of maturities.
2. What are ANBAX top holdings?
ANBAX has 0 stock holdings and 749 bond holdings.
The top 8 holdings represent 35.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Bonds 1.25%||N/A||10.15%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.13%||N/A||7.53%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 2%||N/A||4.47%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||3.14%|
|Government National Mortgage Association 2.5%||N/A||2.99%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||2.71%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 1.12%||N/A||2.46%|
|US Treasury Note 0.25%||N/A||2.20%|
3. What is ANBAX performance? What are ANBAX historical returns?
ANBAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.13%;
- 3-month return is 1.09%;
- 1-year return is 1.09%;
- 3-year return is 9.09%;
- 5-year return is 5.20%.
4. What is ANBAX dividend yield?
ANBAX yield is 2.08%.
5. What is ANBAX minimum initial investment amount?
ANBAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does ANBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ANBAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.3. ANBAX front-end sales load is 3.75. ANBAX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
8. What are the pros of investing in ANBAX? What are ANBAX buy reasons?
The following are ANBAX strengths from our perspective:
- ANBAX 3-year return is 9.09%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.51%.
- ANBAX 5-year return is 5.2%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 2.95%.
9. What are the cons of investing in ANBAX? What are ANBAX negatives?
The following are ANBAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ANBAX expense ratio is 0.83%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.3%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 3.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.