Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds ANBCX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for ANBCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ANBCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ANBCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ANBCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ANBCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ANBCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ANBCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ANBCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ANBCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ANBCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ANBCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class C Shares (ANBCX).
- What are ANBCX holdings?
- What is ANBCX performance? What are ANBCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ANBCX have historically?
- What is ANBCX dividend yield?
- What is ANBCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ANBCX expense ratio?
- Does ANBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ANBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ANBCX beta? How would you assess ANBCX risk?
- What is ANBCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ANBCX Finny Score? ANBCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ANBCX? What are ANBCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ANBCX? What are ANBCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class C Shares (ANBCX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives. The Fund invests in debt securities with a wide range of maturities.
2. What are ANBCX top holdings?
ANBCX has 0 stock holdings and 231 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 41.39% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||13.79%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 3%||N/A||8.85%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||7.61%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.5%||N/A||4.54%|
|Italy (Republic Of) 0.1%||N/A||2.18%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.75%||N/A||2.13%|
|Credit Suisse Group AG 4.19%||N/A||0.83%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2%||N/A||0.78%|
|Broadcom Corp 4.75%||N/A||0.68%|
3. What is ANBCX performance? What are ANBCX historical returns?
ANBCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.25%;
- 3-month return is 9.21%;
- 1-year return is 14.18%;
- 3-year return is 6.01%.
4. How many up and down years did ANBCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ANBCX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is ANBCX dividend yield?
ANBCX yield is 0.39%.
6. What is ANBCX minimum initial investment amount?
ANBCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ANBCX expense ratio?
ANBCX expense ratio is 1.64%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ANBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ANBCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ANBCX front-end sales load is 0. ANBCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ANBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.89%.
10. What is ANBCX beta? How would you assess ANBCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.64.
12. What is ANBCX Finny Score? ANBCX buy or sell?
ANBCX Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy ANBCX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ANBCX? What are ANBCX buy reasons?
The following are ANBCX strengths from our perspective:
- ANBCX 3-year return is 6.01%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.13%.
- ANBCX 3-year Beta is 0.64, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in ANBCX? What are ANBCX negatives?
The following are ANBCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ANBCX net assets are $34.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- ANBCX expense ratio is 1.64%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?