Before we start: if you’re looking for ANBEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ANBEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ANBEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ANBEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ANBEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ANBEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ANBEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ANBEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ANBEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ANBEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ANBEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class F-1 Shares (ANBEX).
- What are ANBEX holdings?
- What is ANBEX performance? What are ANBEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ANBEX have historically?
- What is ANBEX dividend yield?
- What is ANBEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ANBEX expense ratio?
- Does ANBEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ANBEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ANBEX beta? How would you assess ANBEX risk?
- What is ANBEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ANBEX Finny Score? ANBEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ANBEX? What are ANBEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ANBEX? What are ANBEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class F-1 Shares (ANBEX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives. The Fund invests in debt securities with a wide range of maturities.
2. What are ANBEX top holdings?
ANBEX has 0 stock holdings and 231 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 41.39% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||13.79%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 3%||N/A||8.85%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||7.61%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.5%||N/A||4.54%|
|Italy (Republic Of) 0.1%||N/A||2.18%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.75%||N/A||2.13%|
|Credit Suisse Group AG 4.19%||N/A||0.83%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2%||N/A||0.78%|
|Broadcom Corp 4.75%||N/A||0.68%|
3. What is ANBEX performance? What are ANBEX historical returns?
ANBEX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.84%;
- 3-month return is 2.56%;
- 1-year return is 16.55%;
- 3-year return is 7.74%.
4. How many up and down years did ANBEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ANBEX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is ANBEX dividend yield?
ANBEX yield is 0.97%.
6. What is ANBEX minimum initial investment amount?
ANBEX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ANBEX expense ratio?
ANBEX expense ratio is 0.93%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ANBEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ANBEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ANBEX front-end sales load is 0. ANBEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ANBEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.26%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.19%.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
13. What are the pros of investing in ANBEX? What are ANBEX buy reasons?
The following are ANBEX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ANBEX 3-year return</strong> is 7.74%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.13%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ANBEX? What are ANBEX negatives?
The following are ANBEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ANBEX net assets</strong> are $12.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ANBEX expense ratio</strong> is 0.93%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.