Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds ANCFX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ANCFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ANCFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ANCFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ANCFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ANCFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ANCFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ANCFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ANCFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ANCFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ANCFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ANCFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Fundamental Investors; Class A Shares (ANCFX).
- What are ANCFX holdings?
- What is ANCFX performance? What are ANCFX historical returns?
- What is ANCFX dividend yield?
- What is ANCFX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does ANCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ANCFX Finny Score? ANCFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ANCFX? What are ANCFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ANCFX? What are ANCFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Fundamental Investors; Class A Shares (ANCFX).
The Fund seeks to provide income over time by investing primarily in common stocks of large, established companies that offer growth potential at reasonable prices. The Fund may also invest significantly in non-US securities.
2. What are ANCFX top holdings?
ANCFX has 156 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.95% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Capital Group Central Cash Fund||N/A||4.36%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.91%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.20%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||1.99%|
|Philip Morris International Inc||PM||1.86%|
|Altria Group Inc||MO||1.40%|
3. What is ANCFX performance? What are ANCFX historical returns?
ANCFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.65%;
- 3-month return is 1.01%;
- 1-year return is 1.01%;
- 3-year return is 14.34%;
- 5-year return is 15.10%;
- 10-year return is 15.19%;
- 15-year return is 9.91%.
4. What is ANCFX dividend yield?
ANCFX yield is 1.36%.
5. What is ANCFX minimum initial investment amount?
ANCFX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does ANCFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ANCFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ANCFX front-end sales load is 5.75. ANCFX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
8. What are the pros of investing in ANCFX? What are ANCFX buy reasons?
The following are ANCFX strengths from our perspective:
- ANCFX 10-year return is 15.19%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.61%.
- ANCFX 15-year return is 9.91%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.43%.
9. What are the cons of investing in ANCFX? What are ANCFX negatives?
The following are ANCFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ANCFX 3-year return is 14.34%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.14%.
- ANCFX 5-year return is 15.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.5%.
- ANCFX expense ratio is 0.61%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.