7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger AOFAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AOFAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AOFAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AOFAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AOFAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AOFAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AOFAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AOFAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AOFAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AOFAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AOFAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AOFAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds: Alger Small Cap Focus Fund; Class A Shares (AOFAX).
- What are AOFAX holdings?
- What is AOFAX performance? What are AOFAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AOFAX have historically?
- What is AOFAX dividend yield?
- What is AOFAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AOFAX expense ratio?
- Does AOFAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AOFAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AOFAX beta? How would you assess AOFAX risk?
- What is AOFAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AOFAX Finny Score? AOFAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AOFAX? What are AOFAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AOFAX? What are AOFAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds: Alger Small Cap Focus Fund; Class A Shares (AOFAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in equity securities of small, fast-growing companies that the Manager believes offer innovative products, services or technologies to a rapidly-expanding marketplace.
2. What are AOFAX top holdings?
AOFAX has 50 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 32.21% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Veeva Systems Inc Class A||VEEV||3.46%|
|Mercury Systems Inc||MRCY||3.37%|
3. What is AOFAX performance? What are AOFAX historical returns?
AOFAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 8.56%;
- 3-month return is 9.08%;
- 1-year return is 42.09%;
- 3-year return is 25.02%;
- 5-year return is 21.67%;
- 10-year return is 16.27%.
4. How many up and down years did AOFAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AOFAX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AOFAX dividend yield?
AOFAX yield is 0.74%.
6. What is AOFAX minimum initial investment amount?
AOFAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AOFAX expense ratio?
AOFAX expense ratio is 1.19%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AOFAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AOFAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AOFAX front-end sales load is 5.25. AOFAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AOFAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.72%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.38%.
10. What is AOFAX beta? How would you assess AOFAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.09;
- 5-year beta is 1.10;
- 10-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AOFAX? What are AOFAX buy reasons?
The following are AOFAX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AOFAX 3-year return</strong> is 25.02%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 10.38%.
- <strong>AOFAX 5-year return</strong> is 21.67%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 11.78%.
- <strong>AOFAX 10-year return</strong> is 16.27%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 12.67%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AOFAX? What are AOFAX negatives?
The following are AOFAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AOFAX net assets</strong> are $572.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AOFAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.19%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.