7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AOPAX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AOPAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AOPAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AOPAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AOPAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AOPAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AOPAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AOPAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AOPAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AOPAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AOPAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AOPAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI International Small-Cap Fund; Class A Shares (AOPAX).
- What are AOPAX holdings?
- What is AOPAX performance? What are AOPAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AOPAX have historically?
- What is AOPAX dividend yield?
- What is AOPAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AOPAX expense ratio?
- Does AOPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AOPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AOPAX beta? How would you assess AOPAX risk?
- What is AOPAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AOPAX Finny Score? AOPAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AOPAX? What are AOPAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AOPAX? What are AOPAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI International Small-Cap Fund; Class A Shares (AOPAX).
The Fund seeks long term capital appreciation. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by normally investing primarily in equity securities of companies with smaller market capitalizations and with above-average earnings growth that are positioned in strong growth areas.
2. What are AOPAX top holdings?
AOPAX has 89 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 20.51% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corp||4739||3.17%|
|Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd||1893||2.10%|
|Nihon Unisys Ltd||8056||2.05%|
|Jungheinrich AG Participating Preferred||JUN3.DE||1.78%|
|Interroll Holding Ltd||INRN||1.73%|
3. What is AOPAX performance? What are AOPAX historical returns?
AOPAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.02%;
- 3-month return is 9.98%;
- 1-year return is 11.84%;
- 3-year return is 1.93%;
- 5-year return is 5.72%;
- 10-year return is 7.06%.
4. How many up and down years did AOPAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AOPAX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AOPAX dividend yield?
AOPAX yield is 1.45%.
6. What is AOPAX minimum initial investment amount?
AOPAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AOPAX expense ratio?
AOPAX expense ratio is 1.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AOPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AOPAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AOPAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AOPAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AOPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.56%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.58%.
10. What is AOPAX beta? How would you assess AOPAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.12;
- 5-year beta is 1.05;
- 10-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in AOPAX? What are AOPAX buy reasons?
The following are AOPAX strengths from our perspective:
- AOPAX 10-year return is 7.06%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World Ex USA Small Cap NR USD), 6.94%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AOPAX? What are AOPAX negatives?
The following are AOPAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AOPAX net assets are $3.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AOPAX 3-year return is 1.93%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World Ex USA Small Cap NR USD), 4.01%.
- AOPAX 5-year return is 5.72%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI World Ex USA Small Cap NR USD), 7.99%.
- AOPAX expense ratio is 1.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.