Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Allianz Funds AOTAX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for AOTAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AOTAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AOTAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AOTAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AOTAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AOTAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AOTAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AOTAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AOTAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AOTAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AOTAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (AOTAX).
- What are AOTAX holdings?
- What is AOTAX performance? What are AOTAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AOTAX have historically?
- What is AOTAX dividend yield?
- What is AOTAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AOTAX expense ratio?
- Does AOTAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AOTAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AOTAX beta? How would you assess AOTAX risk?
- What is AOTAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AOTAX Finny Score? AOTAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AOTAX? What are AOTAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AOTAX? What are AOTAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (AOTAX).
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing in emerging market securities. Under normal market conditions, The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets in the securities of companies that are tied economically to countries with emerging securities.
2. What are AOTAX top holdings?
AOTAX has 72 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 43.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||6.82%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||5.78%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.36%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.82%|
|PJSC Lukoil ADR||LKOD||4.33%|
|Mining and Metallurgical Company NORILSK NICKEL PJSC ADR||MNOD||4.19%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd ADR||HDB.BO||3.20%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||3.08%|
|Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd Class H||00914||3.06%|
|SK Hynix Inc||000660.KS||2.96%|
3. What is AOTAX performance? What are AOTAX historical returns?
AOTAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.28%;
- 3-month return is -15.43%;
- 1-year return is -7.84%;
- 3-year return is -0.82%;
- 5-year return is -1.14%;
- 10-year return is 2.15%.
4. How many up and down years did AOTAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AOTAX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AOTAX dividend yield?
AOTAX yield is 1.98%.
6. What is AOTAX minimum initial investment amount?
AOTAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AOTAX expense ratio?
AOTAX expense ratio is 1.26%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AOTAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AOTAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AOTAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AOTAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AOTAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.8%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.51%.
10. What is AOTAX beta? How would you assess AOTAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.08;
- 5-year beta is 1.03;
- 10-year beta is 1.02;
- 15-year beta is 1.19.
12. What is AOTAX Finny Score? AOTAX buy or sell?
AOTAX Finny Score is 14. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy AOTAX and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 14.
13. What are the pros of investing in AOTAX? What are AOTAX buy reasons?
The following are AOTAX strengths from our perspective:
- AOTAX 10-year return is 2.15%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.96%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AOTAX? What are AOTAX negatives?
The following are AOTAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AOTAX net assets are $46.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AOTAX 3-year return is -0.82%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), -0.52%.
- AOTAX 5-year return is -1.14%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), -0.07%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- AOTAX expense ratio is 1.26%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- AOTAX 15-year Beta is 1.19, which is higher than the index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD) 15-year beta, 1.00. The fund is perceived to be riskier than the comparable index based on the previous 15 years.