7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AOTCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AOTCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AOTCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AOTCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AOTCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AOTCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AOTCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AOTCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AOTCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AOTCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AOTCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AOTCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (AOTCX).
- What are AOTCX holdings?
- What is AOTCX performance? What are AOTCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AOTCX have historically?
- What is AOTCX dividend yield?
- What is AOTCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AOTCX expense ratio?
- Does AOTCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AOTCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AOTCX beta? How would you assess AOTCX risk?
- What is AOTCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AOTCX Finny Score? AOTCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AOTCX? What are AOTCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AOTCX? What are AOTCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (AOTCX).
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing in emerging market securities. Under normal market conditions, The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets in the securities of companies that are tied economically to countries with emerging securities.
2. What are AOTCX top holdings?
AOTCX has 72 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 45.06% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||7.57%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.26%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.21%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||4.38%|
|Mining and Metallurgical Company NORILSK NICKEL PJSC ADR||MNOD||3.86%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.79%|
|PJSC Lukoil ADR||LKOD||3.73%|
|Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd Class H||00914||3.63%|
|SK Hynix Inc||000660.KS||3.13%|
|Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL||CPF-F||2.50%|
3. What is AOTCX performance? What are AOTCX historical returns?
AOTCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.72%;
- 3-month return is 14.18%;
- 1-year return is 13.33%;
- 3-year return is 0.83%;
- 5-year return is 6.42%;
- 10-year return is 2.42%.
4. How many up and down years did AOTCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AOTCX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AOTCX dividend yield?
AOTCX yield is 1.05%.
6. What is AOTCX minimum initial investment amount?
AOTCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AOTCX expense ratio?
AOTCX expense ratio is 2.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AOTCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AOTCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AOTCX front-end sales load is 0. AOTCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AOTCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.43%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.2%.
10. What is AOTCX beta? How would you assess AOTCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.04;
- 10-year beta is 1.04.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AOTCX? What are AOTCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AOTCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AOTCX? What are AOTCX negatives?
The following are AOTCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AOTCX net assets</strong> are $3.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AOTCX 3-year return</strong> is 0.83%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.85%.
- <strong>AOTCX 5-year return</strong> is 6.42%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.49%.
- <strong>AOTCX 10-year return</strong> is 2.42%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.89%.
- <strong>AOTCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.