7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Artisan APHQX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for APHQX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "APHQX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on APHQX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "APHQX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell APHQX? Or perhaps you’re looking for APHQX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this APHQX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: APHQX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: APHQX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in APHQX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to APHQX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Artisan Partners Funds, Inc: Artisan Mid Cap Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (APHQX).
- What are APHQX holdings?
- What is APHQX performance? What are APHQX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did APHQX have historically?
- What is APHQX dividend yield?
- What is APHQX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is APHQX expense ratio?
- Does APHQX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is APHQX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is APHQX beta? How would you assess APHQX risk?
- What is APHQX Sharpe ratio?
- What is APHQX Finny Score? APHQX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in APHQX? What are APHQX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in APHQX? What are APHQX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Artisan Partners Funds, Inc: Artisan Mid Cap Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (APHQX).
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital growth. The Fund invests 80% of its assets in the common stocks of medium-sized US companies. The Fund will generally not initiate a position in a company unless it has a market capitalization between $2 billion and $15 billion and greater than the companies in the Russell Midcap.
2. What are APHQX top holdings?
APHQX has 48 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.69% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Analog Devices Inc||ADI||3.74%|
|Thor Industries Inc||THO||3.70%|
|Expedia Group Inc||EXPE||3.05%|
|Globe Life Inc||GL||2.96%|
|Expeditors International of Washington Inc||EXPD||2.62%|
3. What is APHQX performance? What are APHQX historical returns?
APHQX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.36%;
- 3-month return is 20.59%;
- 1-year return is 2.74%;
- 3-year return is 3.30%;
- 5-year return is 9.09%;
- 10-year return is 8.59%.
4. How many up and down years did APHQX have historically?
In the last 10 years, APHQX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is APHQX dividend yield?
APHQX yield is 0.71%.
6. What is APHQX minimum initial investment amount?
APHQX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is APHQX expense ratio?
APHQX expense ratio is 0.98%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does APHQX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
APHQX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. APHQX front-end sales load is 0. APHQX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is APHQX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.62%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.21%.
10. What is APHQX beta? How would you assess APHQX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.23;
- 5-year beta is 1.22;
- 10-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in APHQX? What are APHQX buy reasons?
The following are APHQX strengths from our perspective:
- APHQX 5-year return is 9.09%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 10.03%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in APHQX? What are APHQX negatives?
The following are APHQX weaknesses from our perspective:
- APHQX net assets are $692.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- APHQX 3-year return is 3.3%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 5%.
- APHQX 10-year return is 8.59%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 10.57%.
- APHQX expense ratio is 0.98%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?