7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Ariel Investments ARDFX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ARDFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ARDFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ARDFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ARDFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ARDFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ARDFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ARDFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ARDFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ARDFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ARDFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ARDFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Discovery Fund; Investor Class Shares (ARDFX).
- What are ARDFX holdings?
- What is ARDFX performance? What are ARDFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ARDFX have historically?
- What is ARDFX dividend yield?
- What is ARDFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ARDFX expense ratio?
- Does ARDFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ARDFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ARDFX beta? How would you assess ARDFX risk?
- What is ARDFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ARDFX Finny Score? ARDFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ARDFX? What are ARDFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ARDFX? What are ARDFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Discovery Fund; Investor Class Shares (ARDFX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in common stocks of companies with market capitalizations under $2 billion, measured at the time of purchase. The Fund seeks to hold investments for a relatively long period of time generally with an investment time horizon of five years.
2. What are ARDFX top holdings?
ARDFX has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 48.45% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Century Casinos Inc||CNTY||6.63%|
|Kindred Biosciences Inc||KIN||5.31%|
|First American Financial Corp||FAF||4.67%|
|Green Brick Partners Inc||GRBK||4.60%|
|Strattec Security Corp||STRT||3.92%|
|Safeguard Scientifics Inc||SFE||3.88%|
3. What is ARDFX performance? What are ARDFX historical returns?
ARDFX has generated the following returns:
4. How many up and down years did ARDFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ARDFX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is ARDFX dividend yield?
ARDFX yield is 0%.
6. What is ARDFX minimum initial investment amount?
ARDFX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is ARDFX expense ratio?
ARDFX expense ratio is 1.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ARDFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ARDFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ARDFX front-end sales load is 0. ARDFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ARDFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is ARDFX beta? How would you assess ARDFX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in ARDFX? What are ARDFX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ARDFX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ARDFX? What are ARDFX negatives?
The following are ARDFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ARDFX net assets are $6.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ARDFX expense ratio is 1.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.