7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments ARGVX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ARGVX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ARGVX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ARGVX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ARGVX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ARGVX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ARGVX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ARGVX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ARGVX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ARGVX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ARGVX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ARGVX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Asset Allocation Portfolios, Inc: One Choice 2060 Portfolio; Investor Class Shares (ARGVX).
- What are ARGVX holdings?
- What is ARGVX performance? What are ARGVX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ARGVX have historically?
- What is ARGVX dividend yield?
- What is ARGVX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ARGVX expense ratio?
- Does ARGVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ARGVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ARGVX beta? How would you assess ARGVX risk?
- What is ARGVX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ARGVX Finny Score? ARGVX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ARGVX? What are ARGVX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ARGVX? What are ARGVX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Asset Allocation Portfolios, Inc: One Choice 2060 Portfolio; Investor Class Shares (ARGVX).
The Fund seeks the highest total return consistent with its asset mix. It is a fund of funds which invests in American Century mutual funds that represent a variety of asset classes and investment styles. It assumes a retirement age of 65 and may not be appropriate for an investor who plans to retire at the target date.
2. What are ARGVX top holdings?
ARGVX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 76.45% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Century NT Large Co Val G||ACLLX||12.83%|
|American Century Sustainable Equity G||AFEGX||9.80%|
|American Century NT Mid Cap Value G||ACLMX||8.15%|
|American Century NT Growth G||ACLTX||7.75%|
|American Century NT Diversified Bond G||ACLDX||7.57%|
|American Century NT International Gr G||ACLNX||7.10%|
|American Century NT Heritage G||ACLWX||6.68%|
|American Century NT Emerging Markets G||ACLKX||6.11%|
|American Century Focused Dynamic Gr G||ACFGX||5.26%|
|American Century NT Equity Growth G||ACLEX||5.20%|
3. What is ARGVX performance? What are ARGVX historical returns?
ARGVX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.88%;
- 3-month return is 6.11%;
- 1-year return is 9.00%;
- 3-year return is 7.31%.
4. How many up and down years did ARGVX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ARGVX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is ARGVX dividend yield?
ARGVX yield is 1.4%.
6. What is ARGVX minimum initial investment amount?
ARGVX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is ARGVX expense ratio?
ARGVX expense ratio is 0.91%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ARGVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ARGVX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ARGVX front-end sales load is 0. ARGVX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ARGVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.51%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.3%.
10. What is ARGVX beta? How would you assess ARGVX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.45.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in ARGVX? What are ARGVX buy reasons?
The following are ARGVX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ARGVX 3-year return</strong> is 7.31%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date To 2060+ TR USD), 6.51%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ARGVX? What are ARGVX negatives?
The following are ARGVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ARGVX net assets</strong> are $43.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ARGVX expense ratio</strong> is 0.91%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?