7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AMG Funds ASCTX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASCTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASCTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASCTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASCTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASCTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASCTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASCTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASCTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASCTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASCTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASCTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMG Funds IV: AMG Managers Silvercrest Small Cap Fund; Class N (ASCTX).
- What are ASCTX holdings?
- What is ASCTX performance? What are ASCTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASCTX have historically?
- What is ASCTX dividend yield?
- What is ASCTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASCTX expense ratio?
- Does ASCTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASCTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASCTX beta? How would you assess ASCTX risk?
- What is ASCTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASCTX Finny Score? ASCTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASCTX? What are ASCTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASCTX? What are ASCTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMG Funds IV: AMG Managers Silvercrest Small Cap Fund; Class N (ASCTX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in common stocks and other equity securities like preferred stock, convertible securities and REITs of small-cap companies that it believes to be undervalued and with market capitalizations below $3 billion at the time of purchase.
2. What are ASCTX top holdings?
ASCTX has 60 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.61% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|QTS Realty Trust Inc Class A||QTS||3.49%|
|Glacier Bancorp Inc||GBCI||3.23%|
|Independent Bank Corp||INDB||3.15%|
|Brooks Automation Inc||BRKS||3.00%|
|Selective Insurance Group Inc||SIGI||2.63%|
|ONE Gas Inc||OGS||2.62%|
|CVB Financial Corp||CVBF||2.61%|
|ESCO Technologies Inc||ESE||2.58%|
|Casella Waste Systems Inc Class A||CWST||2.54%|
3. What is ASCTX performance? What are ASCTX historical returns?
ASCTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.66%;
- 3-month return is 2.97%;
- 1-year return is -3.58%;
- 3-year return is -1.21%;
- 5-year return is 4.53%.
4. How many up and down years did ASCTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASCTX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is ASCTX dividend yield?
ASCTX yield is 0.13%.
6. What is ASCTX minimum initial investment amount?
ASCTX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ASCTX expense ratio?
ASCTX expense ratio is 1.39%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ASCTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASCTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.24. ASCTX front-end sales load is 0. ASCTX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ASCTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.56%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.76%.
10. What is ASCTX beta? How would you assess ASCTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.29;
- 5-year beta is 1.24.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASCTX? What are ASCTX buy reasons?
The following are ASCTX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ASCTX 3-year return</strong> is -1.21%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Value TR USD), -1.51%.
- <strong>ASCTX 5-year return</strong> is 4.53%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Value TR USD), 4.92%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASCTX? What are ASCTX negatives?
The following are ASCTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ASCTX net assets</strong> are $29.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ASCTX expense ratio</strong> is 1.39%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.