Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Century Investments ASDVX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASDVX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASDVX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASDVX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASDVX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASDVX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASDVX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASDVX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASDVX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASDVX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASDVX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASDVX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Investment Trust: Short Duration Strategic Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (ASDVX).
- What are ASDVX holdings?
- What is ASDVX performance? What are ASDVX historical returns?
- What is ASDVX dividend yield?
- What is ASDVX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does ASDVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASDVX Finny Score? ASDVX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASDVX? What are ASDVX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASDVX? What are ASDVX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Investment Trust: Short Duration Strategic Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (ASDVX).
The Fund seeks income. As a secondary objective, the Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in both investment-grade and high-yield, non-money market debt securities. These securities may include corporate bonds and notes, government securities and securities backed by mortgages or other assets.
2. What are ASDVX top holdings?
ASDVX has 0 stock holdings and 281 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 11.26% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Us 5yr Note (Cbt) Dec20 Xcbt 20201231||N/A||2.91%|
|Us 2yr Note (Cbt) Dec20 Xcbt 20201231||N/A||1.77%|
|Petroleos Mexicanos 4.88%||N/A||1.09%|
|AbbVie Inc. 2.3%||N/A||1.07%|
|JAGUAR HLDG CO II 2018 TERM LOAN||N/A||1.06%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.12%||N/A||0.92%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.25%||N/A||0.89%|
|Progress Residential 2019-SFR3 Trust 2.57%||N/A||0.80%|
|NXP BV/NXP Funding LLC 3.88%||N/A||0.75%|
3. What is ASDVX performance? What are ASDVX historical returns?
ASDVX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.32%;
- 3-month return is 0.60%;
- 1-year return is 0.60%;
- 3-year return is 4.17%;
- 5-year return is 3.41%.
4. What is ASDVX dividend yield?
ASDVX yield is 2.86%.
5. What is ASDVX minimum initial investment amount?
ASDVX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
6. Does ASDVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASDVX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ASDVX front-end sales load is 0. ASDVX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
8. What are the pros of investing in ASDVX? What are ASDVX buy reasons?
The following are ASDVX strengths from our perspective:
- ASDVX 3-year return is 4.17%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Government/Credit 1-3 Yr TR USD), 2.87%.
- ASDVX 5-year return is 3.41%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Government/Credit 1-3 Yr TR USD), 1.93%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in ASDVX? What are ASDVX negatives?
The following are ASDVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ASDVX net assets are $192.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ASDVX expense ratio is 0.52%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?