7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors ASHAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASHAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASHAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASHAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASHAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASHAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASHAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASHAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASHAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASHAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASHAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASHAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Short Duration High Income Fund; Class A Shares (ASHAX).
- What are ASHAX holdings?
- What is ASHAX performance? What are ASHAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASHAX have historically?
- What is ASHAX dividend yield?
- What is ASHAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASHAX expense ratio?
- Does ASHAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASHAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASHAX beta? How would you assess ASHAX risk?
- What is ASHAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASHAX Finny Score? ASHAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASHAX? What are ASHAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASHAX? What are ASHAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Short Duration High Income Fund; Class A Shares (ASHAX).
The Fund seeks a high level of current income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in debt securities issued by public and private companies, which are rated below investment grade while maintaining an average duration of less than three years and in derivatives and other synthetic instruments.
2. What are ASHAX top holdings?
ASHAX has 1 stock holdings and 90 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 35.80% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|CVR Energy Inc 5.25%||N/A||4.03%|
|Connect Finco SARL/Connect US Finco LLC 6.75%||N/A||4.01%|
|AMC Networks Inc 5%||N/A||3.69%|
|Targa Resources Partners LP/Targa Resources Finance Corporation 5.25%||N/A||3.67%|
|ASURION LLC SECOND LIEN||N/A||3.59%|
|Alliance Data Systems Corporation 4.75%||N/A||3.54%|
|Apx Group, Inc. 2020 Term Loan||N/A||3.42%|
|PBF Holding Company LLC and PBF Finance Corp. 7.25%||N/A||3.42%|
|Realogy Group LLC/Realogy Co-Issuer Corp 5.25%||N/A||3.29%|
|Las Vegas Sands Corp 3.2%||N/A||3.14%|
3. What is ASHAX performance? What are ASHAX historical returns?
ASHAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.57%;
- 3-month return is 1.86%;
- 1-year return is 2.36%;
- 3-year return is 2.79%;
- 5-year return is 3.95%.
4. How many up and down years did ASHAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASHAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ASHAX dividend yield?
ASHAX yield is 4.91%.
6. What is ASHAX minimum initial investment amount?
ASHAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ASHAX expense ratio?
ASHAX expense ratio is 0.86%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ASHAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASHAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ASHAX front-end sales load is 2.25. ASHAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ASHAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.95%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.93%.
10. What is ASHAX beta? How would you assess ASHAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.44;
- 5-year beta is 0.36.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASHAX? What are ASHAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ASHAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASHAX? What are ASHAX negatives?
The following are ASHAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ASHAX net assets</strong> are $132.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ASHAX 3-year return</strong> is 2.79%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 4.47%.
- <strong>ASHAX 5-year return</strong> is 3.95%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 4.86%.
- <strong>ASHAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.86%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 2.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.