7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors ASHIX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASHIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASHIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASHIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASHIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASHIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASHIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASHIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASHIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASHIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASHIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASHIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Short Duration High Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ASHIX).
- What are ASHIX holdings?
- What is ASHIX performance? What are ASHIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASHIX have historically?
- What is ASHIX dividend yield?
- What is ASHIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASHIX expense ratio?
- Does ASHIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASHIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASHIX beta? How would you assess ASHIX risk?
- What is ASHIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASHIX Finny Score? ASHIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASHIX? What are ASHIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASHIX? What are ASHIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Short Duration High Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ASHIX).
The Fund seeks a high level of current income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in debt securities issued by public and private companies, which are rated below investment grade while maintaining an average duration of less than three years and in derivatives and other synthetic instruments.
2. What are ASHIX top holdings?
ASHIX has 0 stock holdings and 93 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 33.93% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|CVR Energy Inc 5.25%||N/A||4.20%|
|Alliance Data Systems Corporation 4.75%||N/A||3.99%|
|Connect Finco SARL/Connect US Finco LLC 6.75%||N/A||3.72%|
|Targa Resources Partners LP/Targa Resources Finance Corporation 5.25%||N/A||3.67%|
|ASURION LLC SECOND LIEN||N/A||3.66%|
|AMC Networks Inc 5%||N/A||3.12%|
|PBF Holding Company LLC and PBF Finance Corp. 7.25%||N/A||3.03%|
|Global Aircraft Leasing Co Ltd 6.5%||N/A||2.99%|
|EG Global Finance PLC 8.5%||N/A||2.90%|
|Apx Group, Inc. 2020 Term Loan||N/A||2.65%|
3. What is ASHIX performance? What are ASHIX historical returns?
ASHIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.49%;
- 3-month return is 5.71%;
- 1-year return is 5.36%;
- 3-year return is 4.21%;
- 5-year return is 5.55%.
4. How many up and down years did ASHIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASHIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ASHIX dividend yield?
ASHIX yield is 4.96%.
6. What is ASHIX minimum initial investment amount?
ASHIX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is ASHIX expense ratio?
ASHIX expense ratio is 0.61%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ASHIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASHIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ASHIX front-end sales load is 0. ASHIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ASHIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.08%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.1%.
10. What is ASHIX beta? How would you assess ASHIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.53;
- 5-year beta is 0.43.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASHIX? What are ASHIX buy reasons?
The following are ASHIX strengths from our perspective:
- ASHIX 5-year return is 5.55%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 5.5%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASHIX? What are ASHIX negatives?
The following are ASHIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ASHIX net assets are $281.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ASHIX 3-year return is 4.21%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA 1-3 Year BB US Cash Pay High Yield TR USD), 5%.
- ASHIX expense ratio is 0.61%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?