7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments ASIEX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASIEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASIEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASIEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASIEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASIEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASIEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASIEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASIEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASIEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASIEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASIEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Investment Trust: Strategic Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (ASIEX).
- What are ASIEX holdings?
- What is ASIEX performance? What are ASIEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASIEX have historically?
- What is ASIEX dividend yield?
- What is ASIEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASIEX expense ratio?
- Does ASIEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASIEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASIEX beta? How would you assess ASIEX risk?
- What is ASIEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASIEX Finny Score? ASIEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASIEX? What are ASIEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASIEX? What are ASIEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Investment Trust: Strategic Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (ASIEX).
The Fund seeks income. As a secondary objective, the Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in both investment-grade and high-yield, non-money market debt securities. These securities may include corporate bonds and notes, government securities and securities backed by mortgages or other assets.
2. What are ASIEX top holdings?
ASIEX has 0 stock holdings and 226 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 20.95% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|5 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZFM0||6.92%|
|American Century Emerging Mkts Dbt R6||AEXDX||4.57%|
|2 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZTM0||3.58%|
|Progress Residential 2019-Sfr2 Trust 3.15%||N/A||0.98%|
|Elanco Animal Health Inc 5.65%||N/A||0.86%|
|JPMBB COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE SECURITIES TRUST 4%||N/A||0.85%|
|Cifc Fdg 16-I Ltd/Cifc Fdg 16-1 3.77%||N/A||0.82%|
|MUFG Union Bank N.A. 2.1%||N/A||0.80%|
|PNC Bank, National Association 2.7%||N/A||0.79%|
|Progress Residential 2019-SFR3 Trust 2.57%||N/A||0.78%|
3. What is ASIEX performance? What are ASIEX historical returns?
ASIEX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.25%;
- 3-month return is 3.30%;
- 1-year return is 5.47%;
- 3-year return is 4.35%;
- 5-year return is 4.95%.
4. How many up and down years did ASIEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASIEX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ASIEX dividend yield?
ASIEX yield is 3.08%.
6. What is ASIEX minimum initial investment amount?
ASIEX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is ASIEX expense ratio?
ASIEX expense ratio is 0.76%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ASIEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASIEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ASIEX front-end sales load is 0. ASIEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ASIEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.21%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.37%.
10. What is ASIEX beta? How would you assess ASIEX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.78;
- 5-year beta is 0.70.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASIEX? What are ASIEX buy reasons?
The following are ASIEX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ASIEX 5-year return</strong> is 4.95%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 4.32%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASIEX? What are ASIEX negatives?
The following are ASIEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ASIEX net assets</strong> are $25.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ASIEX 3-year return</strong> is 4.35%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.29%.
- <strong>ASIEX expense ratio</strong> is 0.76%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?