Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Alger ASPCX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Spectra Fund; Class C Shares (ASPCX).
- What are ASPCX holdings?
- What is ASPCX performance? What are ASPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASPCX have historically?
- What is ASPCX dividend yield?
- What is ASPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASPCX expense ratio?
- Does ASPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASPCX beta? How would you assess ASPCX risk?
- What is ASPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASPCX Finny Score? ASPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Spectra Fund; Class C Shares (ASPCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in the equity securities of companies of any size that it believes demonstrate promising growth potential. The Fund's management believes companies undergoing Positive Dynamic Change offer the best investment opportunities.
2. What are ASPCX top holdings?
ASPCX has 107 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 47.08% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.98%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.75%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.36%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.79%|
3. What is ASPCX performance? What are ASPCX historical returns?
ASPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 13.65%;
- 3-month return is -3.94%;
- 1-year return is 15.04%;
- 3-year return is 14.92%;
- 5-year return is 11.56%;
- 10-year return is 13.80%.
4. How many up and down years did ASPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASPCX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is ASPCX dividend yield?
ASPCX yield is 0%.
6. What is ASPCX minimum initial investment amount?
ASPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ASPCX expense ratio?
ASPCX expense ratio is 2.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ASPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ASPCX front-end sales load is 0. ASPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ASPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.82%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.03%.
10. What is ASPCX beta? How would you assess ASPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.99;
- 5-year beta is 1.00;
- 10-year beta is 1.04;
- 15-year beta is 1.05.
12. What is ASPCX Finny Score? ASPCX buy or sell?
ASPCX Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy ASPCX and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX buy reasons?
The following are ASPCX strengths from our perspective:
- ASPCX 3-year return is 14.92%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 15.46%.
- ASPCX 10-year return is 13.8%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 15.13%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX negatives?
The following are ASPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ASPCX net assets are $704.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ASPCX 5-year return is 11.56%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 12.93%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- ASPCX expense ratio is 2.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?