7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger ASPCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ASPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ASPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ASPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ASPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ASPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ASPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ASPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ASPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ASPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ASPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ASPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Spectra Fund; Class C Shares (ASPCX).
- What are ASPCX holdings?
- What is ASPCX performance? What are ASPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ASPCX have historically?
- What is ASPCX dividend yield?
- What is ASPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ASPCX expense ratio?
- Does ASPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ASPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ASPCX beta? How would you assess ASPCX risk?
- What is ASPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ASPCX Finny Score? ASPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Spectra Fund; Class C Shares (ASPCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in the equity securities of companies of any size that it believes demonstrate promising growth potential. The Fund's management believes companies undergoing Positive Dynamic Change offer the best investment opportunities.
2. What are ASPCX top holdings?
ASPCX has 90 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 48.55% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.91%|
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.81%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.48%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.97%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.55%|
3. What is ASPCX performance? What are ASPCX historical returns?
ASPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.96%;
- 3-month return is 11.74%;
- 1-year return is 40.48%;
- 3-year return is 20.80%;
- 5-year return is 16.96%;
- 10-year return is 15.69%.
4. How many up and down years did ASPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ASPCX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is ASPCX dividend yield?
ASPCX yield is 0%.
6. What is ASPCX minimum initial investment amount?
ASPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ASPCX expense ratio?
ASPCX expense ratio is 2.07%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ASPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ASPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ASPCX front-end sales load is 0. ASPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ASPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.82%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.03%.
10. What is ASPCX beta? How would you assess ASPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.05;
- 5-year beta is 1.05;
- 10-year beta is 1.07;
- 15-year beta is 1.06.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX buy reasons?
The following are ASPCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ASPCX 3-year return</strong> is 20.8%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 21.02%.
- <strong>ASPCX 5-year return</strong> is 16.96%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 18.44%.
- <strong>ASPCX 10-year return</strong> is 15.69%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 Growth TR USD), 16.75%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ASPCX? What are ASPCX negatives?
The following are ASPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ASPCX net assets</strong> are $686.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ASPCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.07%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.