7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments ATHDX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ATHDX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ATHDX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ATHDX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ATHDX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ATHDX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ATHDX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ATHDX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ATHDX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ATHDX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ATHDX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ATHDX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Mutual Funds, Inc: Heritage Fund; Class R6 Shares (ATHDX).
- What are ATHDX holdings?
- What is ATHDX performance? What are ATHDX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ATHDX have historically?
- What is ATHDX dividend yield?
- What is ATHDX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ATHDX expense ratio?
- Does ATHDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ATHDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ATHDX beta? How would you assess ATHDX risk?
- What is ATHDX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ATHDX Finny Score? ATHDX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ATHDX? What are ATHDX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ATHDX? What are ATHDX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Mutual Funds, Inc: Heritage Fund; Class R6 Shares (ATHDX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth by investing in companies whose earnings and revenues are growing at an accelerated rate. Firms exhibiting these accelerated rates will, in the view of Fund Management, have a greater potential of increasing in value over the long-term.
2. What are ATHDX top holdings?
ATHDX has 74 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.83% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|SBA Communications Corp||SBAC||4.26%|
|Encompass Health Corp||EHC||2.50%|
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||2.33%|
|F5 Networks Inc||FFIV||2.26%|
|Advanced Micro Devices Inc||AMD||2.21%|
3. What is ATHDX performance? What are ATHDX historical returns?
ATHDX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.70%;
- 3-month return is 9.08%;
- 1-year return is 19.07%;
- 3-year return is 16.42%;
- 5-year return is 13.37%;
- 10-year return is 13.58%.
4. How many up and down years did ATHDX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ATHDX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is ATHDX dividend yield?
ATHDX yield is 0%.
6. What is ATHDX minimum initial investment amount?
ATHDX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ATHDX expense ratio?
ATHDX expense ratio is 0.66%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ATHDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ATHDX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ATHDX front-end sales load is 0. ATHDX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ATHDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.23%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.98%.
10. What is ATHDX beta? How would you assess ATHDX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.15;
- 5-year beta is 1.12;
- 10-year beta is 1.13.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in ATHDX? What are ATHDX buy reasons?
The following are ATHDX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ATHDX 3-year return</strong> is 16.42%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 16.11%.
- <strong>ATHDX 5-year return</strong> is 13.37%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 14.36%.
- <strong>ATHDX 10-year return</strong> is 13.58%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 14.83%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ATHDX? What are ATHDX negatives?
The following are ATHDX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ATHDX net assets</strong> are $141.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ATHDX expense ratio</strong> is 0.66%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?