7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AWTAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AWTAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AWTAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AWTAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AWTAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AWTAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AWTAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AWTAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AWTAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AWTAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AWTAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AWTAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Global Water Fund; Class A Shares (AWTAX).
- What are AWTAX holdings?
- What is AWTAX performance? What are AWTAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AWTAX have historically?
- What is AWTAX dividend yield?
- What is AWTAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AWTAX expense ratio?
- Does AWTAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AWTAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AWTAX beta? How would you assess AWTAX risk?
- What is AWTAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AWTAX Finny Score? AWTAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AWTAX? What are AWTAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AWTAX? What are AWTAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Global Water Fund; Class A Shares (AWTAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund seeks to invest in equity securities of companies that are represented in one or more of the S&P Global Water Index, the Palisades Water or Global Water Indices or the Janney Water Index (Composite), or that are substantially engaged in water-related activities.
2. What are AWTAX top holdings?
AWTAX has 29 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 51.94% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Water Works Co Inc||AWK||8.39%|
|Tetra Tech Inc||TTEK||3.99%|
|Essential Utilities Inc||WTRG||3.73%|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc||TMO||3.60%|
|Veolia Environnement SA||VIE.PA||3.51%|
3. What is AWTAX performance? What are AWTAX historical returns?
AWTAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.21%;
- 3-month return is 13.81%;
- 1-year return is 15.49%;
- 3-year return is 10.35%;
- 5-year return is 11.55%;
- 10-year return is 8.93%.
4. How many up and down years did AWTAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AWTAX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AWTAX dividend yield?
AWTAX yield is 0.56%.
6. What is AWTAX minimum initial investment amount?
AWTAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AWTAX expense ratio?
AWTAX expense ratio is 1.22%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AWTAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AWTAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AWTAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AWTAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AWTAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.8%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.81%.
10. What is AWTAX beta? How would you assess AWTAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.84;
- 5-year beta is 0.84;
- 10-year beta is 0.86.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AWTAX? What are AWTAX buy reasons?
The following are AWTAX strengths from our perspective:
- AWTAX 3-year return is 10.35%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.8%.
- AWTAX 5-year return is 11.55%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 12.41%.
- AWTAX 10-year return is 8.93%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.23%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AWTAX? What are AWTAX negatives?
The following are AWTAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AWTAX net assets are $218.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AWTAX expense ratio is 1.22%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.