7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AYBAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AYBAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AYBAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AYBAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AYBAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AYBAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AYBAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AYBAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AYBAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AYBAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AYBAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AYBAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI High Yield Bond Fund; Class A Shares (AYBAX).
- What are AYBAX holdings?
- What is AYBAX performance? What are AYBAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AYBAX have historically?
- What is AYBAX dividend yield?
- What is AYBAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AYBAX expense ratio?
- Does AYBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AYBAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AYBAX beta? How would you assess AYBAX risk?
- What is AYBAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AYBAX Finny Score? AYBAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AYBAX? What are AYBAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AYBAX? What are AYBAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI High Yield Bond Fund; Class A Shares (AYBAX).
The Fund seeks a high level of current income and capital growth. The Fund seeks to invests at least 80% of its net assets (plus borrowings made for investment purposes) in high yield securities; which are fixed income securities rated below investment grade or unrated and determined to be of similar quality.
2. What are AYBAX top holdings?
AYBAX has 4 stock holdings and 125 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 17.56% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Reorganized 16-10238 Holdco Pfd 0%||N/A||5.13%|
|Community Choice Financial Issuer, LLC 9%||N/A||2.33%|
|Royal Caribbean Group 11.5%||N/A||1.37%|
|Rackspace Hosting, Inc. 8.62%||N/A||1.32%|
|T-Mobile US, Inc. 7.62%||N/A||1.31%|
|Tenet Healthcare Corporation 6.25%||N/A||1.27%|
|Kraft Foods Group Inc. 6.5%||N/A||1.25%|
|Bausch Health Companies Inc 8.5%||N/A||1.22%|
|Stars Group Holdings BV / Stars Group (US) Co-Borrower LLC 7%||N/A||1.19%|
|Ford Motor Company 9.62%||N/A||1.17%|
3. What is AYBAX performance? What are AYBAX historical returns?
AYBAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.46%;
- 3-month return is 5.13%;
- 1-year return is 2.23%;
- 3-year return is 3.46%;
- 5-year return is 6.12%;
- 10-year return is 4.96%.
4. How many up and down years did AYBAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AYBAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AYBAX dividend yield?
AYBAX yield is 5.05%.
6. What is AYBAX minimum initial investment amount?
AYBAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AYBAX expense ratio?
AYBAX expense ratio is 1.12%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AYBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AYBAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AYBAX front-end sales load is 3.75. AYBAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AYBAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.11%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.07%.
10. What is AYBAX beta? How would you assess AYBAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.51;
- 5-year beta is 0.43;
- 10-year beta is 0.32;
- 15-year beta is 0.59.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AYBAX? What are AYBAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AYBAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AYBAX? What are AYBAX negatives?
The following are AYBAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AYBAX net assets are $20.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AYBAX 3-year return is 3.46%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 5.64%.
- AYBAX 5-year return is 6.12%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 8.47%.
- AYBAX 10-year return is 4.96%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 6.6%.
- AYBAX expense ratio is 1.12%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 3.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.