7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AZBAX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZBAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZBAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZBAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZBAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZBAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZBAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZBAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZBAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZBAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZBAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZBAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Small-Cap Blend Fund; Class A Shares (AZBAX).
- What are AZBAX holdings?
- What is AZBAX performance? What are AZBAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZBAX have historically?
- What is AZBAX dividend yield?
- What is AZBAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZBAX expense ratio?
- Does AZBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZBAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZBAX beta? How would you assess AZBAX risk?
- What is AZBAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZBAX Finny Score? AZBAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZBAX? What are AZBAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZBAX? What are AZBAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Small-Cap Blend Fund; Class A Shares (AZBAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets, plus borrowings made for investment purpose, in companies with smaller market capitalizations in U.S. companies. The Fund expects to invest principally in U.S. companies but may invest to a lesser extent in non-U.S. companies.
2. What are AZBAX top holdings?
AZBAX has 385 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 11.29% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|LHC Group Inc||LHCG||1.48%|
|Power Integrations Inc||POWI||1.19%|
|Charles River Laboratories International Inc||CRL||1.16%|
|American States Water Co||AWR||1.11%|
|Medpace Holdings Inc||MEDP||1.09%|
|PJT Partners Inc A||PJT||0.97%|
|Helen Of Troy Ltd||HELE||0.93%|
|Mantech International Corp Class A||MANT||0.92%|
3. What is AZBAX performance? What are AZBAX historical returns?
AZBAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.92%;
- 3-month return is 8.79%;
- 1-year return is -2.52%;
- 3-year return is 3.13%;
- 5-year return is 6.67%.
4. How many up and down years did AZBAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZBAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AZBAX dividend yield?
AZBAX yield is 0.15%.
6. What is AZBAX minimum initial investment amount?
AZBAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AZBAX expense ratio?
AZBAX expense ratio is 1.19%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZBAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZBAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AZBAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AZBAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZBAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.02%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.13%.
10. What is AZBAX beta? How would you assess AZBAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.15;
- 5-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZBAX? What are AZBAX buy reasons?
The following are AZBAX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AZBAX 5-year return</strong> is 6.67%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 7.23%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZBAX? What are AZBAX negatives?
The following are AZBAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AZBAX net assets</strong> are $69.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AZBAX 3-year return</strong> is 3.13%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 3.59%.
- <strong>AZBAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.19%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.