Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Virtus AZBCX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZBCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZBCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZBCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZBCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZBCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZBCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZBCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZBCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZBCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZBCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZBCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Small-Cap Blend Fund; Class C Shares (AZBCX).
- What are AZBCX holdings?
- What is AZBCX performance? What are AZBCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZBCX have historically?
- What is AZBCX dividend yield?
- What is AZBCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZBCX expense ratio?
- Does AZBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZBCX beta? How would you assess AZBCX risk?
- What is AZBCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZBCX Finny Score? AZBCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZBCX? What are AZBCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZBCX? What are AZBCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Small-Cap Blend Fund; Class C Shares (AZBCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets, plus borrowings made for investment purpose, in companies with smaller market capitalizations in U.S. companies. The Fund expects to invest principally in U.S. companies but may invest to a lesser extent in non-U.S. companies.
2. What are AZBCX top holdings?
AZBCX has 389 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 11.63% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|LHC Group Inc||LHCG||1.46%|
|YETI Holdings Inc||YETI||1.43%|
|Meritage Homes Corp||MTH||1.36%|
|PennyMac Financial Services Inc Class A||PFSI||1.16%|
|Hibbett Sports Inc||HIBB||1.03%|
|Artisan Partners Asset Management Inc||APAM||0.95%|
3. What is AZBCX performance? What are AZBCX historical returns?
AZBCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.12%;
- 3-month return is 2.52%;
- 1-year return is 2.52%;
- 3-year return is 10.97%;
- 5-year return is 14.78%.
4. How many up and down years did AZBCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZBCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AZBCX dividend yield?
AZBCX yield is 0%.
6. What is AZBCX minimum initial investment amount?
AZBCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AZBCX expense ratio?
AZBCX expense ratio is 1.92%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZBCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AZBCX front-end sales load is 0. AZBCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AZBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.97%.
10. What is AZBCX beta? How would you assess AZBCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZBCX? What are AZBCX buy reasons?
The following are AZBCX strengths from our perspective:
- AZBCX 5-year return is 14.78%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 16.32%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZBCX? What are AZBCX negatives?
The following are AZBCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AZBCX net assets are $4.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AZBCX 3-year return is 10.97%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 13.17%.
- AZBCX expense ratio is 1.92%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.