7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AQR Funds AZEIX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZEIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZEIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZEIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZEIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZEIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZEIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZEIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZEIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZEIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZEIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZEIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AQR Funds: AQR Emerging Defensive Style Fund; Class I Shares (AZEIX).
- What are AZEIX holdings?
- What is AZEIX performance? What are AZEIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZEIX have historically?
- What is AZEIX dividend yield?
- What is AZEIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZEIX expense ratio?
- Does AZEIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZEIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZEIX beta? How would you assess AZEIX risk?
- What is AZEIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZEIX Finny Score? AZEIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZEIX? What are AZEIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZEIX? What are AZEIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AQR Funds: AQR Emerging Defensive Style Fund; Class I Shares (AZEIX).
The Fund seeks total return. The Fund pursues a defensive investment style, seeking to provide downside protection with upside potential through active stock selection, risk management and diversification. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in Equity Instruments of Emerging Markets Issuers.
2. What are AZEIX top holdings?
AZEIX has 246 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 19.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|MSCI Emerging Markets Index Future June 20||MMEM0||4.16%|
|Ubs Money Ser||N/A||4.10%|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||500696||1.52%|
|Guangdong Investment Ltd||00270.BO||1.48%|
|Nestle India Ltd||NESTLEIND.||1.47%|
|President Chain Store Corp||2912.KS||1.42%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.TW||1.42%|
|First Financial Holding Co Ltd||2892||1.40%|
|Al Rajhi Bank||N/A||1.38%|
|Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd||600519||1.38%|
3. What is AZEIX performance? What are AZEIX historical returns?
AZEIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.80%;
- 3-month return is 4.57%;
- 1-year return is -1.11%;
- 3-year return is -1.32%;
- 5-year return is 3.42%.
4. How many up and down years did AZEIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZEIX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AZEIX dividend yield?
AZEIX yield is 2.18%.
6. What is AZEIX minimum initial investment amount?
AZEIX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00M.
7. What is AZEIX expense ratio?
AZEIX expense ratio is 0.7%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZEIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZEIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AZEIX front-end sales load is 0. AZEIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZEIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.87%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.77%.
10. What is AZEIX beta? How would you assess AZEIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.90;
- 5-year beta is 0.90.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZEIX? What are AZEIX buy reasons?
The following are AZEIX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZEIX? What are AZEIX negatives?
The following are AZEIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AZEIX net assets are $78.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AZEIX 3-year return is -1.32%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- AZEIX 5-year return is 3.42%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- AZEIX expense ratio is 0.7%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?