7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AQR Funds AZENX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZENX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZENX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZENX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZENX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZENX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZENX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZENX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZENX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZENX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZENX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZENX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AQR Funds: AQR Emerging Defensive Style Fund; Class N Shares (AZENX).
- What are AZENX holdings?
- What is AZENX performance? What are AZENX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZENX have historically?
- What is AZENX dividend yield?
- What is AZENX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZENX expense ratio?
- Does AZENX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZENX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZENX beta? How would you assess AZENX risk?
- What is AZENX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZENX Finny Score? AZENX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZENX? What are AZENX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZENX? What are AZENX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AQR Funds: AQR Emerging Defensive Style Fund; Class N Shares (AZENX).
The Fund seeks total return. The Fund pursues a defensive investment style, seeking to provide downside protection with upside potential through active stock selection, risk management and diversification. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in Equity Instruments of Emerging Markets Issuers.
2. What are AZENX top holdings?
AZENX has 246 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 16.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Ubs Money Ser||N/A||2.71%|
|Micro E-mini S&P 500 Index Future Mar20||MESH0||2.04%|
|President Chain Store Corp||2912.TW||1.45%|
|Airports Of Thailand PLC DR||AOT-R||1.44%|
|Chunghwa Telecom Co Ltd||2412.TW||1.42%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||1.42%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||1.41%|
|Taiwan Mobile Co Ltd||3045.TW||1.40%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||1.38%|
|First Financial Holding Co Ltd||2892.TW||1.37%|
3. What is AZENX performance? What are AZENX historical returns?
AZENX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.78%;
- 3-month return is 4.57%;
- 1-year return is -1.33%;
- 3-year return is -1.56%;
- 5-year return is 3.20%.
4. How many up and down years did AZENX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZENX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AZENX dividend yield?
AZENX yield is 1.76%.
6. What is AZENX minimum initial investment amount?
AZENX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is AZENX expense ratio?
AZENX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZENX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZENX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AZENX front-end sales load is 0. AZENX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZENX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.71%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.66%.
10. What is AZENX beta? How would you assess AZENX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.90;
- 5-year beta is 0.89.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZENX? What are AZENX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AZENX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZENX? What are AZENX negatives?
The following are AZENX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AZENX net assets are $7.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AZENX 3-year return is -1.56%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- AZENX 5-year return is 3.2%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- AZENX expense ratio is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.